Article recommendations week #40 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #40 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness & Power asked Does Muscle Soreness Mean Muscle Growth? What muscle soreness is and its’ role in muscular gainz.
Bodybuilding.com explained Time Under Tension for Muscle Growth, what TUT (time under tension) is, the ideal TUT for muscle growth and how to use TUT. Check it out
Men’s Health listed 10 Exercises for All-Around Ab Strength, the function of the abs and exercises to train them.
Renaissance Periodization asked Is Periodization Important For Muscle Growth, what periodization is, how to align periodization with the principle of phase potentiation, and when to periodize, and when not. Check it out
Jeff Nippard asked 5 experts in the field How Hard Should You Train To Build Muscle? Check out the responses
- 5 Upper Body Exercises You’Ve Never Tried, unconventional exercises and why they work.
- how to improve the Reverse Lunge in the article Reverse Lunges But Better.
- a Tip: A Better Way To Bench Press, simple adjustments to improve your Bench Press.
- a Tip: Do Close-Grip Chin-Ups First, how to use the Close-Grip Chin-Up as a biceps builder and why.
Calisthenicmovement listed 6 Rules to Get 6-Pack Abs, the most important things to get better Abs and busting some common myth. Check it out
The PTDC outlined
- How to Train Online Without Any In-Person Experience, discussing training fitness clients online, expand your knowledge base, marketing your online training, and building your business and fitness at the same time.
- How To Use Organic Reach In Facebook Groups To Get New Clients, the importance of friends and family, a simple and effective advice about finding people, the wrong way to interact, and how to navigate groups and engage with others. Listen in
FitnessFAQs outlined The 5 Best Arm Exercises, how to use bodyweight exercises to grow your arms. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed
- 3 Ways To Reduce Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, what DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is, the role of DOMS, and ways to reduce it.
- The 8 Best Leg Exercises For Serious Muscle And Strength, the best leg exercises, and how to execute them.
Westside Barbell asked How To Speed Bench with Louie Simmons, what speed benches are and how to program them across weeks. Check it out
Elite FTS explained the role of the triceps in the Bench Press and described 12 Exercises to Build Massive Triceps for Your Bench Press.
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed Aerobic Capacity & Recovery Session, the benefits of aerobic conditioning, the right training intensity, and how to put the aerobic training together with different exercises. Check it out
The Athletic Build explained The Easy Way to Control Your Food Portions and Macros, how to control serving sizes, macronutrient distribution, and nutrient cycling.
Renaissance Periodization discussed Calories and Macros for Muscle Gain, why calories matter, choosing the right calories, macronutrient distribution, and the right food choices for gainz. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Stack explained how to Maximize Your Vertical Jump, the importance of ankle stability, jumping mechanics and sprinting. Interestingly Rett Larson shared the importance of sprinting for Volleyball in the interview ‘When you are willing to be flexible and move around, opportunities will open up.’
Barbell Shrugged discussed The Best Heavy, High Volume Squat Program for CrossFit, how to use the 20-rep Squat program for CrossFitters. Check it out
Squat University explained How To Perform A Perfect Squat, and using the ‘5 absolutes’. Check it out
Elite FTS discussed Deadlift Set-up and Deloading, quick to the point answers. Check it out