Article recommendations week #19 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #19 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness & Power explained The Truth About Building Big Arms, and why big arms won’t come from curls.
Garage Strength listed Top 4 Hypertrophy Exercises For Athletes, the different types hypertrophy, why you should train for hypertrophy, and the best exercises. Check it out
The Strength Sensei asked Should You Race the Pump? The origins of ‘racing the pump’ and the practical application.
T-Nation outlined How To Build a Superhero V-Taper, the body parts to focus on and the best exercises to train these body parts.
Jeremy Ethier demonstrated how to get to a point where you can do 10 Pull-Ups. Check it out
Elite FTS discussed
- A Neck Training Blueprint for Athletes, why you should train the neck, the different movements of the neck, and how to design a neck training program.
- the transfer from lessons learned in the gym to everyday life in the article The Discovery of Life Through Lifting Weights.
- the importance of discipline and commitment in the podcast #112 – Westside Barbell Stories (Discipline and Consistency). Listen in
- Do This for Muscle Growth! Check it out
Bodybuilding.com presented a 6 Step Pull Up Progression, a progression plan to master the Pull-Up. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big listed 11 Best Quad Exercises For Mass, the best exercises, their’ benefits, and how to do them.
Dr. John Rusin shared Full Range of Motion Forever, discussing full range vs. partial range, and how to use the full range of motion effectively in your training.
Calisthenicmovement demonstrated 4 Bodyweight Exercises You Need To Do. Check it out
The Bar Bend looked at
- What Is Functional Fitness Training? And Why Should You Do It? The term functional has been around for some time, one way of looking at functional fitness is discussed in this article.
- 15 Plank Variations To Strengthen Your Core And Help You Support Your Big Lifts, different plank variations with their’ benefits, and how to do them.
Complementary Training described the Problem With (Perceived) Reps-In-Reserve. how arousal can influence the perceived rating and what to do instead.
Stronger By Science discussed Body-fat set points and dual intervention theory, what it is and how it works. Check it out
Men’s Health took a critical look at the Weider Principles in the article Four Updated Training Principles.
- also, check out the free Training Principle Mini-Course.
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
Science for Sport asked
- How Can Coaches Effectively Monitor Multiple Training Load Variables? How to make sense of the data flood that can come your way when you track multiple variables.
- Compression Garments: What Do They Actually Do, And Can They Boost Performance? What compression garments are, what they are supposed to do, and how to use them.
Bonvec Strength listed 3 Random Thoughts on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), discussing whether DOMS should be a training goal, can you train with it, and can you accelerate the recovery process from DOMS.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Does More Cardio Equal More Weight Lost? Busting the myth of more is better. Check it out
- Detect and Perfect The Muscle Pump, what the pump is and what contributes to a pump. Check it out
Men’s Health explained Why The Anabolic Window Is a Myth. Here’s What You Actually Need to Do to Gain Muscle. What the anabolic window is, what it is supposed to do, and what you should really focus on.
PictureFit asked Are Plant Proteins Really Worse Than Animal Proteins? Are they really worse than animal protein? Check it out
Biolayne compared Sugar Sweetened Beverages VS. Low/No Calorie VS. Water, what the research says. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy released an interview with 2 legends of the sport of Olympic Weightlifting George Asanidze And Kakhi Kakhiashvili. Listen in
Lift Big Eat Big shared a guide on Hang Clean: Technique, Benefits, & Alternatives, the technical execution, the benefits and muscular activation, common mistakes and how to correct them, and Hang Clean alternatives.
Elite FTS released Deadlift Till Failure with Chains. Check it out
Squat University shared
- How to Deadlift Like The World’s Strongest Man. Check it out
- Offset “Fulcrum” Deadlift, what it is and why you should do it. Check it out