We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #52 2016
Best Articles of 2016
Since it is the end of the year, quite a few people have made the effort to collate the best articles of the year 2016, here we go
Eric Cressey killed it with
- The Best of 2016: Strength and Conditioning Articles the best of his articles in 2016
- The Best of 2016: Strength and Conditioning Videos the best of his videos in 2016
- The Best of 2016: Guest Posts the best guest posts on his site
- The Best of 2016: Strength and Conditioning Features all about cues, tips and technology
- The Best of 2016: Product Reviews
Tony Gentilcore shared
- Best Articles of 2016: Reader’s Picks, the most popular based on reader’s engagement
- Best Articles of 2016: My Picks, the posts Tony likes most
- Best Articles of 2016: Guest Posts, the best guest posts
Complementary Training shared The Best of Complementary Training in 2016
And last but not least, I have shared the Best Strength Training Articles 2016
Strength Training Articles
Breaking Muscle explained
- Get Big And Strong The Old-School Way a great article on the main variables that you need to get stronger or bigger
Elite FTS shared
- an article on The Yearly Training Plan of the Strength Athlete: Transitioning From Competitive Training Into Off-Season Training Modules a great overview of how a training plan unfolds over the span of a year
- 3 Good Morning Exercise Variations That Build Strong and Injury-Proof Hamstrings I like the good morning, not only for hamstring development but also for lower back development. The biggest problem with the Good Morning is proper technical execution.
- A Complete Guide to the Hip Hinge as the bending pattern or hip hinge is one of the fundamental movements, it is important to have a solid strategy to teach and progress the hip hinge.
Fitness & Power explained Most Common Ways to Elevate Your Muscle Building Hormones simple and applicable strategies.
Youth Strength Training Articles
Science For Sport shared an insightful infographic from BelievePerform on 10 Ways Coaches Can Promote Positive Youth Development how to build and promote youth development and why it matters.
Plyometric Training Articles
Speed-Endurance published 5 Things I’ve Learned About Training for Jumps as a College and Youth Coach, whilst this article is based on training for the jumping disciplines in track & field it also holds great value for jumping/plyometrics as a means to improve speed and power for other sports.
Speed Training Articles
Bret Contreras‘ January Research Preview: Resisted Sprinting Edition takes a deeper look into the science of resisted sprinting and it’s application.
Back Squat, Front Squat and Overhead Squat Articles
Men’s Journal offered 5 Mobility Moves That Will Help You Lift More Instantly in the Overhead Squat.
Power Clean, Power Snatch, and Olympic Lifting Articles
Men’s Health shared This Exercise Will Make Your Whole Body More Powerful I have used the Dumbell Power Snatch extensively with my Tennis Players, Beach Volleyball Players and Volleyball Players. It’s a good alternative and easier to learn than the Power Snatch with the bar.
Highlights of the week
Some of my athletes have put in the effort to bring their year 2016 into a short video documentary.