The most valuable and interesting articles in week #42 2018
Strength Training Articles
Fitness & Power listed 8 Tests Every Lifter Should Be Able to Pass a selection of achievable strength standards.
Elite FTS outlined
- Grow Your Gym with the Thank Up Strategy an interesting strategy using the principle of reciprocity, not only for gym owners.
- The Value of Accessory Work what accessory work is, and the purpose of accessory work.
- The Six Pillars of Excellence, who can possibly argue with the wealth of experience and knowledge from Ashley Jones, a great piece!
- More Technique Fixes for Athletes, a selection of the most common technical errors, how to fix them and how to effectively cue. Check it out
Power Athlete HQ explained the reasons why endurance athletes shouldn’t exclusively train endurance in the article The Aerobic Power Athlete
The Bar Bend asked Should You Train Core Every Day? why you should not train core every day, and how to train your core for different purposes.
The PTDC explained why you should Forget About Setting Goals. Do This Instead. and why building habits are more important.
Torokhtiy shared Barbell History the history of the barbell from ancient Greece and Egypt to modern times, interesting read.
Juggernaut Training Systems interviewed Aaron Thomas, who coached different athletes in Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and athletes from different sports, discussing his journey into strength and conditioning and his training philosophy. Check it out
T-Nation shared a Tip: The Very Best Time to Take Creatine outlining findings of the latest research, when is the best time for absorption, and the best dosage.
Breaking Muscle outlined how to Fix Your Broken Metabolism with effective reverse dieting.
Power Training Articles
The Bar Bend listed 7 Rotational Strength Exercises to Build Explosiveness, why you need rotational training, programming considerations and a variety of rotational exercises.
Elite FTS explained
- How to Control the Squat Bar, the importance of the decent for a good ascent. Check it out
- Box Squat technique fixes, discussing the hand position, feet position, movement mechanics for the Box Squat, common technical flaws and how to fix them. Check it out
T-Nation shared a Tip: Boost Your Deadlift with Macro and Micro-Sets, the use of cluster sets to gain strength in your deadlift.