The most valuable and interesting articles in week #41 2018
Strength Training Articles
- busted 10 Fitness Myths In 10 Minutes, from protein-rich diets, over the post-workout window, sugar for weight management, weight training stunts growth, how much protein per meal, and much more. Check it out
- asked How Long Should You Rest Between Sets? presenting newer studies and their suggestions of ideal rest periods between the training sets, based on your training goal. Check it out
Elite FTS outlined
- 7 Steps to Running a Successful Group Training Program, even if you are faced with clients of different genders, training experiences and training goals.
- what it takes to improve in the article How Do I Become the Best? in the end, it comes down to what Arnold Schwarzenegger said, no goal is too big, if you are willing to pay the price for it.
- Breaking John Rusin: Programming, an in-depth programming outline. Check it out
Train Heroic shared an interesting piece on coaching, reflection and how to get the best out of your athletes in the article Holding Paradox: How to Stop Being a Unidirectional Coach.
Simplifaster explained How to Build Strength and Power for Endurance Athletes, why endurance athletes need to build strength and power, the different training methods and programming considerations.
Aleksey Torokhtiy listed the Top 5: Forearm & Wrist Mass Exercises, a selection of grip strength exercises. and flexion and extension exercises. Check it out
Youth Training Articles
Stack asked Is Early Specialization Beneficial for Young Soccer Players? discussing the pros and cons of early specialisation.
Men’s Health listed The Keto Diet Grocery List That Will Make Your Life So Much Easier, outlining different food choices, and providing a full grocery, broken down into different categories.
- The Complete Guide to Protein, an in-depth outline of what protein is, how much you need, protein supplementation, how much is too much and much more.
- the influence of Intermittent Fasting for Muscle Gains, outlining recent studies on the topic and some practical application.
The Bar Bend discussed How Much Protein Do You Actually Need Per Day? outlining the amount of protein you need per day, based on your training goal, the amount of protein per serving size and how much protein you need depending on your age.
Plyometric Training Articles
EliteFTS explained how to increase your vertical through depth jumps and Depth Jump progressions in the article Depth Jumps and Depth Land Progressions to Increase the Vertical Jump strongly focussed on learning to absorb forces before expressing forces.
BoxRox outlined Movement Tips – How to Fix Your Ankle and Calf Mobility For Squatting a selection of drills to help you to get into a better and deeper squat position.
The Bar Bend discussed Should You Squat or Deadlift First? whilst there is no definite answer to this question, this article gives a good outline, which exercise to chose first based on the training goal.
Starting Strength showed how to Learn to Squat | The Starting Strength Method, using a combination of an unloaded squat movement and loaded squat movement to learn the Back Squat. Discussing feet position, elbow hand and grip, bar position and the ideal squat movement pattern. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalystathletics explained that Lifting The Feet Is Not Jumping – Lifting Vs. Sliding In The Snatch & Clean an outline of the differences between an actual jump and the phenomenon of lifting the feet on the platform. For a full analysis, check out the explainer video
Zach Telander outlined how to get Speed Under The Bar | Getting lower, faster, how you can increase the speed under the bar for successful Olympic Lifts, and appropriate exercises to train the speed under the bar. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged described The Perfect Bar Path – Snatches and Cleans, beginning with a theoretical outline of the ideal bar path, and the practical application, including common technical flaws and how to correct them. Check it out