We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #32 2017
Strength Training Articles
Stack explained Why You Shouldn’t Structure Your Workouts Like a Bodybuilder and provides planning alternatives and examples.
Picture Fit answered How Much Protein Can Your Body Absorb Per Meal? discussing protein demand and protein synthesis, how much you ultimately need and the persistent question ‘Is there a limit to how much protein can be absorbed’, check it out
Physiqonomics published The Best Fat Loss Article on the Motherlovin’ Internet (Child-Friendly Version) an in-depth article on fat loss, covering distribution and prioritization of macro-nutrients, the psychological aspect of choosing the right diet and much more.
Bodybuilding.com shared The Complete Guide To Pressing outlining the most popular pressing movements, as well as their recommendation of which pressing movements to use for different repetition ranges. Also, check out, their guide to rowing movements The Complete Guide To Rows
Shredded by Science explained
- Exercise Intensity on Growth Hormone | Anabolic Hormones and Muscle Growth With Mike Zourdos, the hormonal response to different types of training, check it out
- Training Periodization For Bodybuilders | Linear & Undulating Periodization With Eric Helms a short intro to different types of periodization and how it can apply to Bodybuilding, check it out
Tony Gentilcore discussed Blood Flow Restriction Training: Real Deal Or Are We Wrapped Up In The Latest Trend? what blood flow restriction is, how it works and how to use it.
Simplifaster showed How I Used Four Assessments to Maximize My Cycling Performance a great article, how the implementation of different monitoring devices has helped to improve performance. What I particularly like is the implementation of each individual device with a specific purpose, rather than using one device as the answer to everything.
- explained What The Coiling Core Can Do For Your Strength a really good article explaining the functions of the trunk and how that relates to performance.
- busted a few popular fitness myth or fitness rules in the article Lifting Rules Worth Breaking
Train Heroic shared
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Movement Progressions a great outline not only how to progress fundamental movements, but also how to regress them if needed.
- 4 Periodization Principles To Use In Your Training Programs explaining the importance of understanding training principles, using scientific studies, combined with the art of coaching.
Elite FTS discussed Why Are Some Lifters More Explosive? and the influence on the different trainings, depending whether you are a ‘strength guy’ or an ‘explosive guy’, check it out
Plyometrics Training Articles
Back Squat and Front Squat Articles
The Bar Bend
- extended their article library about the benefits and use of the Goblet Squat and how it can improve squat technique in the article The Dumbbell Goblet Squat – Technique and Benefits, check out the previous Goblet Squat articles in the article recommendation from week #30 2017
- explained How to Stop Your Knees Caving In When You Squat showing the causes for caving in and providing corrective exercises with appropriate exercise progressions.
- outlined Programming for the Bulgarian Split Squat – Rep Ranges and Recommendations how you can use the Bulgarian Split Squat for different training goals, muscular endurance, hypertrophy or maximum strength
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalystathletics explained a weightlifter’s perspective of the discussion ‘Power Clean vs Clean’ and Power Snatch vs Snatch’ in the article About This “It’s a Power Snatch If It’s Above Parallel” Thing
Men’s Health shared Once You’ve Mastered The Basic Barbell Lifts, Upgrade To The Bear Complex a combination of Olympic Lift derivatives and Squat variations, not sure why they call it Bear Complex, check out the video
Also, check out the TOR Complex from Aleksey Torokhtiy combining Snatch, Push Press, Overhead Squat, Snatch Balance and Overhead Squat
Omar Isuf published a Snatch tutorial Olympic Weightlifting 101: How To Snatch providing an outline of exercise progressions to master the Snatch, check it out
Stack outlined how to progress the Single-Leg RDL in the article This Single-Leg RDL Variation Will Help You Get Faster and Prevent Injuries
Juggernaut Training System shared Deadlift Tips with Ben Pollack an in-depth tutorial from a Deadlift world record holder, check it out