We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #31 2017
Strength Training Articles
Picture Fit answers the question How Many Meals Should You Eat a Day? and as usual Picture Fit challenges common wisdom and the answer to the question might surprise you, check it out
Elite FTS discussed
- the mechanisms of muscle growth via hypertrophy and/or hyperplasia in the article Hyperplasic Gains?
- the Applications and Benefits of Tempo Training for strength gains, muscle mass, and motor learning
- how to Making Sense of Periodization With Power Meters an outline of periodization and how to develop physical qualities, as speed, strength and endurance and how to monitor training through power meters.
- How Electrical Muscle Stimulation Improves Athletic Performance and Injury Management how to use EMS to improve performance, as well as injury prevention and recovery
Shredded by Science explained
- the physiological basis of High-Intensity Training and discussion the pro’s and con’s, check out the tutorial below Cardio For Bodybuilders | HIIT Cardio With Eric Helms | The SBS Academy
- the influence on nutrient timing and manipulating nutrients for Maximising Protein Synthesis | Meal Frequency With Eric Helms | The SBS Academy, check out the tutorial
Robertson Training Systems shared
- 5 Keys To Training Success a simple and great 5 point outline
- Mike Irr On Winning An NBA Championship interviewing the Head S & C Coach of the NBA champion 2017 Golden State Warriors, check it out
Jason Blaha Fitness shared his thoughts on Dave Asprey and his pieces of advice in the video Dave Asprey, Bulletproof Coffee Founder, Now Advocates People Inject Their Own Urine, Should you inject your own urine? Check it out
The Bar Bend shared a guide to
- Dumbbell Lunges – Exercise Guide and Benefits the benefits of DB Lunges and different DB Lunge variations
- The Hyperextension: How To Target Your Glutes And Hamstrings how changes in the movement of the Hyperextension can change the emphasis of muscular activation
Starting Strength with very simple examples what stimulates adaptation, whether you want to get stronger or gain muscle mass. You need to understand how to elicit adaptations in order to make improvements and progress with your training. Check out the audio The Biggest Fallacy of All below
Juggernaut Training System outlined Considerations for Strongman Training a great approach to determine the needs of the sport and deducting the training from that. If you understand the principle of analysis and using the results from the analysis for training design, you can use it for any sport, check it out
Plyometrics Training Articles
Simplifaster asked Do Horizontal Plyometrics and Weight Exercises Develop Athletic Speed? discussing horizontal plyometrics vs vertical plyometrics for speed development and the pre-requisite of strength for plyometric activities.
Back Squat and Front Squat Articles
Elite FTS outlined
- What I Learned Squatting with Ray Williams lessons learned from a 1000 pound squatter
- The Number One Biggest Squat Mistake explained in 1 minute, check out the tutorial
Stack advised to Squat Smart: How Bar Position Changes The Squat Exercise a quick overview how the bar position changes squatting mechanics.
Silent Mike explained how to Improve Your F***ing SQUAT: tipping over/forward lean, what I like is the conclusion of individual bar position, the emphasis on breaking from the hip and knee simultaneously to initiate the descent and maintaining the torso angle during the ascent, check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
What do Chinese weightlifters do, if they have no access to equipment or strength training machines? All Things Gym shared a video Tian Tao & Zhong Guoshun Assistance Exercises showing their creativity, check out the video
Train Heroic shared their outline on the hip hinge progression in the article Progressing From a Basic Hip Hinge to a Superhero Deadlift
Dr. John Rusin discussed Is Deadlifting With A Flexed Spine Inherently Dangerous? taking their own look at the question Is a flexed spine in a Deadlift dangerous?
Alan Thrall showed how to make a Homemade Deadlift Band Pegs (DIY Attachment) I was questioning myself, whether I should include it into this post or not and what the real value is apart from that it is simple and effective if you have the necessary manual craft skills. However, I just like it, so I include it, check out the video