Article recommendations week #30 2018
The most valuable and interesting articles in week #30 2018
Strength Training Articles
Fitness & Power showed how to Sprint your way towards single-digit body fat percentage with high-intensity exercises by outlining the benefits of sprint training and the adaptations of sprint training on fat loss.
Simplifaster asked What Time of Day Is Best for Training Athletes? explaining the different preferences (morning or evening person), the role of sleep and sleep patterns on performance and how to build habits to improve performance.
The Bar Bend listed 5 Useful Strength Training Lessons Everyone Can Benefit From definitely useful.
Barbell Shrugged explained How To GHD Situps – Scaling and Technique, what the GHD Sit-Up is, is it safe? And training progressions to get to a full GHD Sit-up. Check it out
- Testosterone and Depression: What You Don’t Know a controversial, however, interesting read of the role of androgen hormones.
- a Tip: Lessons From Bruce Lee there are so many nuggets of wisdom from Bruce Lee, this article has picked 3 of those.
Breaking Muscle explained why Women Need To Lift More by outlining the gender differences and the age-related muscle loss is even more severe for women than men.
Catalystathletics discussed the what, why and how of a warm-up and the role of static stretching in the warm-up in the article Static Stretching in a Warm-up: Will You Die?
Sfexaminer shared The world’s dumbest exercises I do like their selection.
The Bar Bend outlined Reverse Lunge Ultimate Guide a technical overview of reverse lunges, the benefits of reverse lunges, muscular activation, training considerations and viable alternatives.
Stack listed 3 Reasons Why You Should Use Pause Reps, the benefits of paused reps for strength development and technical refinement.
Bodybuilding.com outlined Intelligent Training of performance coaches, how training needs to be structured around purpose and intent to develop the maximum potential of athletes. Check it out
Elite FTS outlined
- the importance of cues, what makes cues unique and how to effectively use cues in the article A Manual for Implementing Technical Cues.
- Improve Your Bench Immediately Using These Training Cues collecting the best Bench Press cues from some of the best Powerlifters.
Juggernaut Training Systems shared
- Pat Casey | Strength History Minute, one of the ‘godfathers’of Powerlifting and how he got to a huge Bench Press result, check it out
- a Hypertrophy Guide for the Glutes, why you don’t necessarily need separate glute training, which exercises are indirectly stimulating the glutes, appropriate exercise selection for direct glute training, the best rep and sets ranges, glute training variations, training frequency and different planning considerations. Check it out
Picture Fit asked Was the Media Wrong About Chocolate Milk? I remember a few years ago, the craze of the chocolate milk as a recovery aid started and everyone drank chocolate milk. But was the craze true? Check out the study review
Power Training Articles
Dr. John Rusin explained how to maximize strength and power developments through understanding the force velocity-curve and how to train different parts of the force-velocity curve optimally in the article Maximizing The Force-Velocity Curve For Power & Strength Development.
Omar Issuf outlined The Only Squat Mobility Routine You Need, whether it’s the only routine you need, I don’t know, but it is definitely a routine you can follow. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Barbell Shrugged explained
- How To Do Clean And Snatch High Pulls For CrossFit Athletes, how to execute the pulls, and possible reasons, why to include the pulls into your training, not only for Crossfit athletes though. Check it out
- How to Pull Cleans and Snatches From Blocks, how to use the variation of the Snatch and Clean from the block, check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems shared
- Clean Pillar #4 | The Turnover discussing elbow and shoulder position, hand and elbow movement, the bar path, correct body position and drop speed. Check it out