The most interesting and valuable articles of week #23 2021.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation shared How to Really Build Tri’s, Traps, Lats, and Legs, using different training techniques for different body parts to maximize muscle growth.
Barbell Shrugged explained how to Build Muscle + Boost Metabolism + Burn Fat. Check it out
Men’s Health discussed
The PTDC asked
- How do I overcome my fear of starting my own business? Using a technique called ‘fear setting’ to overcome fears. Check it out
- How do you ensure your online clients perform exercises correctly and safely? A challenge of online training and possible solutions. Check it out
Zack Telander outlined How I Program For General Strength, why programming for general strength is important and how to do it. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com described how to Fix Your Bench And Effective Tips For A Bigger Bench. Check it out
Breaking Muscle shared Strength Training for Ice Cold Elite Athletes, discussing how to train ice hockey players. Check it out
The Bar Bend released
Tony Gentilcore discussed financial literacy fundamentals for coaches in the article Coach And Grow Rich.
Juggernaut Training Systems explained
- Creating an Annual Plan, what an annual plan is, why you need an annual plan and how to ultimately put an annual plan together. Check it out
- Training Variation as a key to effective training, in less than a minute, explained. Check it out
Fadeaway World listed 5 Mind-Blowing Workout Routines From Pro Athletes, a very small summary of how some of the greatest athletes supposedly train.
Elite FTS listed 10 More Washed-Up Meathead Tips & Training, thoughts on warming up, arm training, shoulder health and shoulder care, and more. Check it out
Stack outlined How to Teach Your Athletes To Lose Gracefully, coaching tips to help your athletes.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Phase Potentiation of Frequency, the purpose of phase potentiation, and how frequencies change over a training cycle. Check it out
- Troubleshooting Your RIR, what RIR (reps in reserve) are, what RIR to start your training cycle with, and how to progress RIR’s. Check it out
Shredded Sports Science claimed Fitness Influencers Make Idiotic Protein Shakes, discussing the sense and non-sense of some of the recommendations. Check it out
Thibarmy shared Fat Loss: Master The Basics To Succeed, a 5-step approach to success.
Bodybuilding.com outlined Nutrition for Strongman: Guidelines and Macros for Strength Athletes, nutrient requirements for strongman, macronutrient distribution, and eating on training days vs non-training days.
Stack asked Is Melatonin Safe For Kids? What melatonin is, what it does, and should kids consider it.
Ever wondered what the Rock’s calorie intake is? Men’s Health estimated it in the article We Calculated the Number of Calories in The Rock’s ‘Power Breakfast’.
Renaissance Periodization shared The Maintenance Phase, the purpose of the maintenance phase, and how to structure it. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Athletics Weekly explained how to Improve your strength with Olympic lifts in the gym, the basic Olympic lifts and how to execute them.
Aleksey Torokhtiy showed a few challenges for an Olympic weightlifter, such as jumping, disc holding, Pull-Ups, wall sit, etc. Check it out
Box Rox released
Squat University discussed footwear and Why You Should Wear Barefoot Shoes. Check it out
Livestrong outlined How to Do the Dumbbell Deadlift for Total-Body Strength and Muscle, the benefits of the DB Deadlift, and how to execute it.
Elite FTS discussed Block Pulls VS Deficit Deadlifts! Get Your Deadlift Strong! Answering the most common questions around the two exercises and which one to chose when. Check it out