The most interesting and valuable articles of week #18 2020.
Strength Training Articles
The Box Rox released How to Build Muscle for Women and Men 5 Hypertrophy Programs for Serious Gains, different training programs including example schedules for muscular hypertrophy.
Renaissance Periodization explained How to add weight and reps to grow muscle, different options to either increase weight or repetitions and when to use them. Check it out
Breaking Muscle listed 5 Reasons Why High-Rep Bodyweight Workouts Are Hurting You, the article everyone is waiting for, or at least I have been waiting for.
Starting Strength asked How Important Is Strength For Throwing Athletes? Discussing the importance of strength and especially overhead strength. Check it out
- also check out triple Olympian Rutger Smit’s take on strength for throwers, Rutger has participated in 3 Olympic Games in discus and shot put.
Ski Racing explained Strength is the Key to Speed, why strength is an underpinning quality for speed.
Elite FTS shared
- Conjugate Cardio, how to combine strength development and cardio training. Check it out
- Ed Coan Talks About Powerlifting Programming, a short insight int Ed Coan’s training. Check it out
Stronger By Science released an Interview with Jeff Nippard: On genetic limits, FFMI, training, and nutrition, discussing genetic potential and limits, building fat-free mass, and the evolution of training and nutrition over the last years. Listen in
Institute of Performance Nutrition released Lactic Acid, Lactate, and Exercise: A Science to Practice Overview, what lactic acid and lactate are, how it works in the human body and the influence on recovery. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems asked How Long Should You Rest Between Sets, discussing rest periods to maximize gains, develop maximum strength, and power development. Check it out
It seems there is a new diet out there, the Snake Diet, the Greatist analyzed the diet and concluded in the article Snake Diet or Snake Oil? Let’s Unpack the Facts.
Shredded Sports Science explained Why Fat Burners are Useless. Check it out
- Should You Take Protein and Creatine Together? A common question, here is the answer.
- nutritional considerations for improved recovery in the article 6 Tips for Injury Recovery.
Jeremy Ethier outlined The Easiest Way To Get Shredded, all about walking, volume, intensity, frequency, average energy expenditure and much more. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged explained How to Eat to Get Jacked: Making Meals for Muscle and the Metabolic Performance Protocol. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
- can you turn Toes Out Too Much in the Snatch or Clean, how much is too much and why, and the different angles in the Pulling stance and Squatting stance. Check it out
- a Snatch Barbell Warm-up. Check it out
Elite FTS explained Why You Should Change Your Squat Stance, how periodically changing your squat stance can help you.
The Bar Bend shared a tutorial on the Bulgarian Split Squat, technical execution, muscular activation, the benefits of the Bulgarian Split Squat and how to add it to your program. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com listed 7 Different Ways To Squat, the muscular activation of the squat, different squat variations and squatting dos and donts.