We have searched the web for the most valuable and interesting articles of week #14 2017
Strength Training Articles
- outlines The Minimalist Guide To Lifting a great piece on what is important and helping to make choices.
- busted The Myth Of Interval Training And EPOC a really interesting piece, worth reading.
The Greatist explained The 7 Most Common Workout Mistakes—and How to Fix Them simple, but definitely good.
- 3 Simple Tips to Prevent Overtraining stressing to understand and learn the basics of recovery.
- How Top Strength Coaches Would Improve the NFL Scouting Combine some interesting thoughts and good reasoning.
Train Heroic outlined
- Programming Pitfalls Roundtable: 4 Strength Coaches Share Their Opinion a truly great read!
- Tips For Writing Better Strength Programs a great overview of how to write a strength training program.
Tony Gentilcore explained why You’re Not Broken If You’re Asymmetrical. You’re Normal a really good read and strong arguments.
Complementary Training shared
- Physical Preparation for Team Sports: Weekly Plans [Part 2] a great piece on weekly planning and the rationale for it.
- Physical Preparation for Team Sports: Weekly Plans [Part 3] looking at the order of planning in a micro-cycle.
If you missed part one, check it out here.
Speed Training Articles
Train Heroic explained How To Plan Speed Training Around Your Competitive Season a really good overview of how to put a speed and agility program together.
Plyometric Training Articles
Complementary Training shared Plyometric Progression with Coach Wilmot | Part 8 the continuation of contrast training to elicit PAP (post activation potentiation), working on the transferring the lateral impulse, check out the video
If you missed part 1, check out here
If you missed part 2, check out here
If you missed part 3, check it out here
If you missed part 4, check it out here
If you missed part 5, check it out here
If you missed part 6, check it out here
If you missed part 7, check it out here
Allan Thrall explained How To LOWER The Barbell, check it out
Back Squat, Front Squat, and Overhead Squat Articles
The Barbell Physio explained how the shape of the hip and bone structure influences the squat style in the article Hip Sockets And Squat Depth – How Individual Differences Impact Squat Performance
The Bar Bend discussed Split Squat vs. Bulgarian Split Squat: Which Is Best for You? as always a great and nuanced discussion from the Bar Bend, worth reading.
Breaking Muscle explained How To Train The Squat For Both Powerlifting And Weightlifting looking at the differences of squatting for Olympic Weightlifting vs squatting fro Powerlifting.
Power Clean, Power Snatch, and Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems Beginners Guide to Snatching with Meg Squats, check out the tutorial
Highlight of the week
Am enjoying my time in India, being invited to the wedding of one of my former players
and presenting to some ambitious coaches and ambitiously training people