Article recommendations week #9 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #9 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness & Power discussed the Best Type of Cardio for Building and Preserving Muscle? Maintaining muscle mass and performing cardio is a balancing act, here are some important considerations.
The Box Rox listed 10 Types of Press Up to Build Strength, Power and Muscle, the different press-up variation,s and the benefits of each variation.
Men’s Health released The Difference Between Strength and Power for Workouts, discussing the difference between strength and power.
- also, check out the article Power Training vs Strength Training – what is the difference between Strength Training and Power Training?
Fitness Volt listed The 10 Best Alternatives to Lunges for Bad Knees, why lunges could aggravate knee pain, and what to do instead.
Breaking Muscle discussed Dynamic Variable Resistance Training Is The Best Tool You’re Not Using, what DVRT (Dynamic Variable Resistance Training) is, and how you can benefit from it. Check it out
The Bar Bend explained
- what the Super Total is, and how to train for it in the article Powerlifting Plus Weightlifting: How To Train For The 5-Lift Super Total.
- The 7 Best Foam Roller Exercises For Mobility And Better Movement, each exercise, including benefits, how to do it, and programming considerations.
- the One-Move Meltdown: Lat Pull-down, the benefits of the single-arm Lat Pulldown.
- Should Women and Men Train the Same? The commonalities and differences training different genders.
The PTDC listed 12 Thoughts On Content Creation, the importance of content, considerations for creating content, and how to effectively create content. Check it out
- the benefits of online training, how to make online training productive, and How To Set Up Online Training.
- Strength Training For Rebounding In Basketball, how strength training can help your rebounding ability for basketball players.
Body + Soul shared Blood flow restriction: the lowdown on the fitness trend building muscle, faster, what BFR (blood flow restriction) is, the benefits, and how to use it.
Squat University demonstrated How To Perform Good Mornings, the technical key point and the correct execution of the Good Morning. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
- The Importance Of Training Age, what training age is, and why it matters.
- the importance of protein for youth athletes in the article Why Is Protein Important For Youth Athletes.
Aleksey Torokhtiy outlined The Importance Of Seeds In Athletes Nutrition, not only applicable for athletes.
Tony Gentilcore explained Why Gym Bros Should Periodize Their Nutrition, what periodizing nutrition is and means, and the reasons why to do it.
- Healthy Snack For Youth Athletes, the importance of understanding energy needs and macronutrient intake and considerations for important snacks.
- Myths About Nutrition For Muscle Gain, common myths busted.
T-Nation shared a Tip: The Single-Leg Squat That Actually Works, the benefits of the single-legged squat on a box, and how to get the most out of it.
Starting Strength explained How to Set Your Rack Height for the Squat, a quick tutorial on how to find the right height to set up the bar. Check it out
T-Nation shared The 4 Ugliest Romanian Deadlift Mistakes, common mistakes, and how to fix them.
Renaissance Periodization busted a strength training myth, You Shouldn’t Deadlift More Than 1x Per Week, where the idea comes from, the relation of Deadlifting and fatigue, and different training approaches to Deadlift frequency.