The most interesting and valuable articles of week #8 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Thibarmy asked How Much Volume Do You Need? Discussing the how much volume do you need to gain muscle mass, the concept of effective reps, and how the total number of reps effects the nervous system and hormonal system. Check it out
Elite FTS shared
- Learning From the Mamba Mentality, outlining 4 principles that Kobe Bryant lived by.
- Top-10 Assistance Exercises to Get Stronger and Remain Injury-Free, an interesting selection of exercises.
- Only Have 3 Days a Week To Train? How to structure your training, if you want or can train only 3 times a week. Check it out
Fitness & Power released The Landmine Press Complete Guide, benefits, technical execution and different Landmine Press variations.
- 5 elements of How to Write a Strength and Conditioning Program.
- the benefits and training zones for MAS (maximum aerobic speed) and how to use them in the article What is Maximal Aerobic Speed, and How Can I Increase It?
- 4 Conditioning Methods that are Better Than Running, whether they are really better or not, I don’t know, but certainly some valuable variations.
Juggernaut Training Ssytems discussed Dealing with Missed Lifts in Training, important consideration if you need to accept missing lifts, and when missing lifts isn’t acceptable, not only for Olympic Weightlifting. Check it out
The Bar Bend outlined
- Bodybuilding Techniques for Strongman: How Hypertrophy Can Improve Your Game, why Strongman can benefit from hypertrophy training, and appropriate prinicples to train for gainz.
- Pre-exhaustion, what it is, who can benefit from it, and who should avoid it in the article Is Pre-Exhaust Training Right for You? What It Is and Tips From a Pro.
- The Right Way to Breathe When You’re Doing a Plank, the importance of diaphragmatic breathing, the right technique and how to apply it to your training.
Aleksey Torokhtiy shared some cool impressions from the Tulum Jungle Gym – World’s Best Beach Gym. Check it out
Men’s Health explained How to Do the Dumbbell Incline Press, the correct technical execution, common flaws, and how to avoid them.
Renaissance Periodization outlined the Basics of Physiology, a bit of an in-depth lecture on muscle and cell physiology. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalystathletics discussed Jerk Grip Width: What’s Best? How to find the best Jerk grip, the mechnics behind finding the right grip, and how to find the right grip for you. Check it out
The Bar Bend released the Heaviest Snatches Ever Filmed. Check it out
Men’s Health explained How Doing Quarter Squats Properly Can Give You Maximum Leg Gains, outlining the benefits of Quarter Squats.
Jeremy Ethier outlined How To Squat Properly: 3 Mistakes Harming Your Lower Back, discussing the butt-wink, poor movement mechanics, and breathing technique, and how to possibly fix these mistakes. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed 3 Back Squat Alternatives for Cranky Shoulders, the importance of sufficient shoulder mobility for Back Squats, and variations, if you lack sufficient mobility.
The Box Rox listed 8 Effective Squat Secrets for CrossFit and Strength Athletes, training methods, barefoot squatting, rep ranges, tempo, accommodating resistance, and single-legged squatting.
T-Nation shared an Unpopular Opinion: Deadlifts Aren’t That Great, the disadvantages of the Deadlift.