The most interesting and valuable articles of week #7 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness Volt released Try Spoto Press To Catapult Your Bench Press Strength, a Bench Press variation to strengthen your regular Bench Press.
Livestrong discussed how to use super sets and the different types of super sets in the article The Most Efficient Way to Work Out for Strength Gains.
Thibarmy asked What is Overtraining? Looking at the difference between overreaching and overtraining, the role of the hormonal system on overtraining, the symptoms of overtraining, and what you can do against it. Check it out
- The Ultimate Cluster Training Program, an in-depth piece on clusters, what they are, how to use them, exercise selection and programming.
- Tip: The Best Substitution for Dips, a variation to add to the mix, if you don’t have a dip rack, or as an easier variation.
The Athletic Build listed 4 Different Ways to do Cardio, different options to do your conditioning including example programs.
Life Hacker explained How To Get A Stronger Support Grip For Deadlifts And Hangs, training tactics to improve your grip strength.
- How to Get Athletes in Shape During a Limited ‘Offseason’, every strength & conditioning coach is familiar with a limited off-season, the article outlines a few courses of action to tackle the problem.
- 5 Lifts Your Dad Taught You Wrong, discussing very common flaws you see people do Bench Pressing, Squatting, Dealifting and Rowing.
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed the concept of Reps In Reserve, the definition of RIR (reps in reserve), the relation of RIR and muscular hypertrophy, and how to plan your training with RIR. Check it out
Elite FTS shared
- Programming Sport Specific Conjugate, how to apply the conjugate method towards training for enhanced sports performance.
- What’s Missing From Younger Lifter’s Approach To Training, Dave Tate reflecting on 4 decades of experience, different trends, that came and went, and what actually made a difference over all the years. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed 6 Drills to Improve Your Muscle-up Transition, the transition in the Muscle-Up is for most people the most difficult part, the article shows exercise progressions to improve the transition phase.
Breaking Muscle described
- how to get a stronger upper back and shoulder girdle with the right exercise selection for the different movements of the shoulder in the article Strength Routines For Developing A Strong And Healthy Upper Back.
- The Underpinning Reason That Stops You From Building Muscle, an in-depth chat on the underpinning reason that stops people from building muscle, the metrics to measure stress status and overall health and stress status with three simple, how to unlock your beast mode. Check it out
Youth (Strength) Training Articles
The Bar Bend discussed Youth Athletes in Powerlifting and Weightlifting, how to train the youth athlete. Listen in
Bodybuilding.com shared The Science of Intermittent Eating, what intermittent eating is, the most important considerations and how to partice it.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Starting Strength explained How to Power Snatch. Check it out
Catalystathletics asked Can You Clean Your 3RM Front Squat? Dissecting the rule of thumb, that you should be able to Clean what you can Front Squat for a triple. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged demonstrated a Snatch Warm Up, breaking down the movement in different parts and apply them into a warm up sequence. Check it out
Zack Telander listed 3 Tips To Increase Your Squat, the importance of lifestyl, nutrition, position, the intent and proper programming. Check it out
Fitness Volt outlined Deficit Deadlifts – Benefits, Correct Technique, Mistakes To Avoid, And Alternatives, what they are, the benefits, how to execute them, the muscular activation, common mistakes, programming options and variations.
The Bar Bend shared
- What Do Lifters Mean When They Say Create “Long Arms” In the Deadlift? What the cue means and what it does not mean.
- 5 Foolproof Tips to Build a Stronger Deadlift, outlining the biggest ‘needle movers’ for a stronger Deadlift. Check out the additional explainer video