The most interesting and valuable articles of week #6 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Bodybuilding.com shared the Top Science-Backed Benefits of Strength Training, 11 benefits of strength training explained.
Calisthenicmovement roasted The Worst Exercises on TikTok! A good video busting some nonsense advice. Check it out
Healthline described How to Do Skull Crushers, aka Lying Triceps Extensions, the benefits of the Skull Crusher, the muscles worked and variations of the exercise.
Fitness FAQ listed 5 Stupid Abs Workout Mistakes, stupid exercises, and what to do instead. Check it out
Box Rox shared How To Explode your Shoulder Strength and Conditioning with the Dumbbell Push Press, how to do the Dumbbell Push Press, and when to best use it.
Lifting Explained recommended the Best Fitness Instagram Accounts You Need To Follow! Check it out
Men’s Health explained
Coach Mag outlined a Dumbbell Superset Workout That Will Develop Athletic Power, and how to combine different dumbbell exercises.
Juggernaut Training Systems provided 5 Tips to Improve Your Bench, 5 tips in less than a minute. Check it out
The Bar Bend released 7-Time Mr. Olympia Phil Heath Shares His Chest And Shoulder Workout, the training approach of one of the most successful bodybuilders.
Garage Strength explained How To Build Athletic Muscle, what quote-unquote athletic muscle is and how to best train it. Check it out
Elite FTS discussed
- The Lost Manual for Throwing, an interesting outline of how baseball players and football players approach their throwing training.
- 3 Steps to an Effective Deload, what a deload is, why you need it, and how to do it.
- 3 Arm Exercises You Need To Be Doing! The role of direct arm training for strength athletes and the best exercises for direct arm training. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged outlined
- Why You Should Stop Training Muscle Groups, and focus on training movements. Check it out
- Are Dips Better for Your Chest or Triceps, the muscular activation of the Dips. Check it out
Generation Iron presented The 7 Best Weightlifting Belt Exercises For Strength & Support, which exercises can benefit from using a belt, and why.
Stack explained How VR Can Help You Get in Great Shape, we’ll certainly see more of this growing trend.
Power Athlete discussed How To Develop Real Coaches, an interesting chat with a few good points on sporting systems. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack discussed the considerations for a Youth Athlete Foundation Training Program.
Stack asked Can Caffeine Enhance Race Performance? The pros and cons of caffeine and how to best use it.
Picture Fit looked at the research if Creatine is Coming for Your Hair, what’s behind the claim that creatine leads to hair loss. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big discussed Are BCAAs Worth It, what BCAA (branched chain amino acids) are , what they (are supposed to) do, and are they worth buying.
Biolayne asked Fasted Exercise Boosts Weight Loss? What’s behind the claim of fasted training. Check it out
Renton Reporter listed The Best Creatine Supplements: Top 9 Creatine Monohydrate Products.
Stronger By Science released a Q&A: Protein Overfeeding, Individualizing Training, and Strength Changes During Weight Loss . Check it out
Renaissance Periodization discussed
- if A Vegan Diet is Bad For Gains, looking at the claim and looking at the facts if a vegan diet is sub-optimal for muscle growth. Check it out
- Ease Into Junk Food After Your Diet, how to you transition out of your diet. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Garage Strength listed Top 5 Explosive Exercises For Athletes, the best exercises and how to do them. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Bar Bend compared The Clean & Jerk Vs. The Clean & Press — Important Differences For Strength, Size, And More, the difference between the two, the benefits of each, and which one to choose.
Bodybuilding listed 3 Ways to Improve Front Rack Mobility for Weightlifting, how to assess wrist mobility and how to improve it. Check it out
T-Nation described how to avoid excessive forward lean in the Squat in the article Straighten Up and Squat Right.
Starting Strength discussed Tempo Squats, what they are and how to best use them. Check it out
Squat University asked
- Want A Stronger Squat? And the use of single-legged training. Check it out
- How to Squat With Perfect Technique? The main technical problems explained and how to fix them. Check it out
Box Rox discussed The Best Deadlift Variations to Shake Up Your Training, the best variations, and which one to use when.
Men’s Health explained How To Master the Sumo Deadlift to Pull Heavier Weights, the technical execution of the Sumo Deadlift.