Article recommendations week #6 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #6 2021.
Strength Training Articles
The Athletic Build explained why you need to Use High-Frequency Training to Build Muscle Fast, the reasons why high-frequency training works, tips on how to make it work, and an example training plan.
Healthline asked What’s the Difference Between Weight Loss and Fat Loss? The difference between the two, and how to train effectively.
- also, check the article Only 3 Things You Need To Know About Strength Training and Weight Loss, which discusses how to maximize fat loss through strength training.
Elite FTS presented
- an advanced training technique Bicep Barbell Finisher: Countdown Sets, what countdown sets are, how they work, and when to use them.
- a detailed approach to strength training for swimmers in the article Tier System for the Physical Preparation of The Swimmer.
- Big Ramy and Size vs. Conditioning in Bodybuilding, a take on the recent Mr Olympia contest. Check it out
- Why You Should be Using Lifting Chains to Build Size & Strength, the benefits of using chains. Check it out
- also check out the article Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains
T-Nation demonstrated a variation of the crunch movement through the entire ROM (range of motion) in the article Tip: Full ROM Abs.
Thibarmy outlined the Optimal Strength And Power Performance Training, discussing a special training method for strength and power development.
Calisthenicmovement demonstrated The Biggest Pull-Up Problem, what the biggest problem is, and how to fix it. Check it out
Fitness Volt shared
- The Chin-Ups For Size and Strength Guide, the different Pull-Up and Chin-Up variations, how to execute them, and the benefits of the different variations.
- The 10 Best CrossFit Exercises for Bodybuilders, the est exercises, and how to execute them.
Breaking Muscle described the use of EMG (electromyography) and how it can help your training in the article Strength Training And The Efficacy Of Electromyography (EMG).
Juggernaut Training Systems demonstrated 2 Bench Press variations, what they do for you, when to use them, and how to execute them.
- Close Grip Bench-How, Why & When
- Incline Bench-How, Why & When
The Bar Bend discussed
- The 6 Best Upper Body Exercises To Build A Chiseled Torso, the best exercises, the benefits of each exercise, and important programming considerations.
- The differences between Pendlay Row Vs. Barbell Row — Which Is Best For Strength And Hypertrophy? The similarities and differences between the two row variations, and how to use them for strength and size.
Stack explained How To Effectively Motivate Your Athletes, the importance of knowing your athletes in order to help them better.
- also check out the advice for young strength coaches of the Head of Strength & Conditioning of the All Blacks Nic Gill, which is to know your athletes.
Science For Sports listed 3 Must-Do‘s To Build Strong Athletes In-Season, the use of deceleration training to prevent injuries.
Glamour presented a new smart training tool, the Crossrope’s ‘Smart’ Jump Rope Is the Only Thing That Got Me Moving Under Lockdown.
Renaissance Periodization asked How Should You Plan Training Phases? Discussing the different periods, and how to sequence the different periods based on the training goal. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack explained How To Keep Your Kids Active and Healthy At Home, what to do to keep kids active even though they can’t leave the house.
Stack explained How To Eat Healthy While Working From Home, 5 straightforward tips to follow.
Renaissance Periodization discussed
- the Best Anabolic Post Workout Meal Hack, a glimpse into how to prepare a meal. Check it out
- the Past, Present, and Future of Weight Loss Medicine, an interesting outline of where weight loss medicine comes from, the pros and cons, where it is now, and where it could go in the future. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Starting Strength explained Clean If You Can, why you need to do the Clean. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed the sequence of an effective Squat Warm-Up.
Fitness Volt asked Can You Do Squats and Deadlifts on The Same Day? Discussing the pros and cons of doing them in one session, and important considerations when to combine them, and when not.
Squat University outlined How to Fix Hip Impingement, the anatomy of the hip, what causes hip pain, and how to fix it. Check it out
T-Nation took a critical look at the Deadlift in the article Not the King of Exercises – Deadlifts.
Starting Strength explained
- why you need to Wear Your Lifting Shoes When You Deadlift, a common question answered. Check it out
- how to prevent the Hips Dropping On Deadlift, why it’s a common problem, and how to fix it. Check it out