Article recommendations week #51 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #51 2022.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation outlined the benefits of contrast training in the article Go Heavy, Explode, Go Home: The Contrast Method. Also, check out the additional explainer video
YLM Sports Science discussed Training To Lose Fat High-Intensity: Interval Training Or Sprint Interval Training? check it out
Breaking Muscle outlined
- Dumbbell vs. Barbell Bench Press: Choose the Right Upper-Body Builder, discussing differences and similarities and which one to use for your training goal.
- How to Do the Renegade Row for Conditioning and Core Strength, how to do it, benefits of the Renegade Row, muscular activation, variations and program design considerations.
Stack looked at Sports Scientist: Who Are They and What Do They Do? What a sport scientist is and how they can help.
The Strength Sensei discussed
- the importance of mechanical tension for making gains in the article Build Muscle with the 2-Second Rule.
- the pros and cons of Barbell Rows.
Lift Big Eat Big asked the question we have heard for so long in the last years, Is Glute Activation Necessary? And why it might not be necessary.
The Bar Bend released Your Complete Guide To Bodyweight Training, what bodyweight training is, its benefits and drawbacks and how to use it for best results.
- How To Choose the Best Workout Split.
- 2 Types of Reverse Lunges to Grow Your Glutes: Step-by-Step Guide.
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
The Bar Bend asked What Happens If You Don’t Eat Vegetables? The risks and benefits to weigh up.
Power Training Articles
Bodybuilding.com discussed Training for Power: Do I Need it and How Should I Add it to My Routine?
- also check out How much weight should you use for power training? Which goes into more detail on power training.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed Olympic Weightlifting Benefits: Did You Know Them All?
Lift Big Eat Big shared Drop Snatch, what it is, what it does, how to perform it, and different variations.
The Barbell Physio shared a tutorial of the Spanish Squat. Check it out
- what most people don’t know, in Spain they actually call it a squat with the ‘russian belt’ (cinturon ruso), which was introduced, by the german coach Hans Ruf, who brought it from Russia…