Article recommendations week #51 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #51 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Tibarmy discussed everything you need to know about isometrics in the article Exploring Isometric Training.
Renaissance Periodization looked at the Differences Between Natural and “Enhanced” Training, what the main differences are and the most important considerations for natural lifters. Check it out
News Anyway asked How Do You Use a Heavy Resistance Band? the different types of resistance bands and how to use them.
- also check out the article Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains.
Elite FTS discussed
- are One Rep Maxes The Only Way to test at the beginning of the season, and what are alternatives. Check it out
- The Truth of Why Strength Sports Look Dumb and Are Corrupt, the main struggles of strength sports. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared
- The Best Kettlebell Strength Circuit To Improve Your Lifts, what a Kettlebell Strength Circuit is, its’ benefits, and example circuits.
- The 15 Best Cable Exercises For Hypertrophy, Strength, And Stability, the benefits of cables, and the best cable exercises for different muscle groups.
Lifting Explained Reacted to Athlean-X’s Best To Worst Shoulder Exercises, discussing different shoulder exercises and their application. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big listed 9 Best Upright Row Alternatives, upright row alternatives, what they can do for you, and how to do them.
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed How To Fix Your Bench Press Weaknesses, in less than a minute. Check it out
Squat University outlined How To Improve Grip Strength, why grip strength matters, and how to improve it. Check it out
Broscience listed John Meadows: 21 Reasons You Don’t Have Big Calves, growing your calves can be challenging, here are the reasons why they might not grow.
Jeremy Ethier explained How To Blow Up Your Rear Delts, what the rear delts are, what they do and how to best train them. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack discussed 3 Bad Consequences of Playing a Sport Too Much, the reasons why kids play too much sport, and why it’s actually counterproductive.
Renaissance Periodization looked at the optimal protein intake per day and why exceeding 1 gram per pound bodyweight isn’t necessary. Check it out
Power Athlete demonstrated the Austere Style Squats, what the Austere Style Squat is and how to do it. Check it out
Squat University outlined Why Squatting Knees Over Toes is necessary, explained, and demonstrated in 30 seconds. Check it out
FitnessFAQs demanded Stop Doing Squats Like This! The main challenges during a Pistol Squat and how to avoid it. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com explained How To Do Deadlifts with dumbells and bands. Check it out
I have released the next lectures from my mini-course on training principles
- training methods lecture 5 ‘The Repetition Training Method’
- Check out the Mini Course Training Methods Made Simple to access the videos, slides, transcripts, and more resources for free.