Article recommendations week #5 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #5 2022.
Strength Training Articles
- How to Build Biceps That Don’t Wanna Grow, what it takes to make your biceps grow and the best exercises to do so.
- How to use the Trap-bar to gain muscle mass or maximize your metabolic conditioning in the article The 10 Trap Bar Exercises You Need.
Renaissance Periodization busted the myth of Give 100% Effort To Fitness Or Fail, where the claim stems from and why it’s not correct. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed
- 5 Of The Best Dumbbell Arm Workouts For Strength, Size, And Time-Saving, different workouts for different purposes.
- 10 Kettlebell Exercises For Bodybuilders To Improve Stability, Bolster Mobility, And Build Muscle, the best exercises and which exercise to use when.
Men’s Health discussed Task Failure vs. Muscular Failure, the different types of failures and which one to use when.
Dorian Yates outlined the Importance of Setting Goals and the importance of keeping a record of your training. Check it out
Elite FTS described how to use your mind to become stronger in the article 3 Ways to Get Stronger Using Your Mind.
- also check out the interviews ‘Sometimes you have to push beyond what people believe is possible.’ with 2010 Olympic champ Lydia Lassila and ‘Your thinking creates your feelings, your feelings create your actions and your actions create your results.’ with 2002 Olympic champ Jamie Salé, who both successfully used mental imagery during periods when they couldn’t train physically.
Garage Strength listed 9 Keys To Sports Performance, a straightforward approach to producing results. Check it out
Thibarmy asked How Much Variation Do You Need? Discussing how much variation you need for the different experience levels.
Broscience listed the 10 Downsides Of Being A Bodybuilder, a fun read.
Bodybuilding.com listed 3 Steps To Constructing Your Fitness Journey, the importance of cardio, strength training, and sleep & recovery. Check it out
8 Weeks Out explained how to make the best use of heart rate based training in the article 3 Ways to Fix Heart Rate Training.
Stack discussed what you need to do if you grow muscle mass quickly in the article Do You Build Muscle Easily? You May Need a Shorter Offseason.
Coach Mag shared Rugby Training Lessons From England Rugby, lessons from their preparation for the 6 Nations.
Stack explained The Importance Of Eating Enough Calories, what calories are and why you should consume enough of them.
Renaissance Periodization demanded Don’t Cheat On Your Diet, a critical look at cheat meals. Check it out
The Greatist outlined What Foods Are Best to Eat on an Intermittent Fasting Diet, the best foods, and why they work well with intermittent fasting.
Bodybuilding.com discussed Why Protein can be used by everybody who wants to gain muscle mass, loose fat or just wants to stay in shape.
Patient.info shared How To Build Muscle On A Vegan Diet, the basics of building muscle, and the best vegan food choices and
Biolayne asked Low Carb Diet Shortens Lifespan? Looking at a study that look at carbohydrate intake and mortality. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Stack outlined How To Add Inches To Your Vertical Jump, the importance of strength training to support the plyometric training.
- also check out the article How to Increase Your Vertical Jump for Volleyball – an Interview with Dr. Jeremy Sheppard, who gives a detailed outline how to increase your vertical.
Westside Barbell discussed the use of Box Jumps and Explosive Power and how to apply it. Check it out
Speed Training Articles
Garage Strength shared The Secret To Speed Training, what speed is, how to train it, and the best exercises. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Lift Big Eat Big shared a guide on Hang Snatch, what it is, the correct technical execution, when to use it, and different variations.
Juggernaut Training Systems listed 5 Tips to Improve Your Squat, in less than a minute. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization asked Can You Be Too Tall For Squats? Discussing the potential challenges for taller lifters when it comes to squatting. Check it out