Article recommendations week #5 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #5 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Healthline asked How Much Muscle Can You Gain in a Month? What you need to do to maximize muscle gain, and how much is real.
YLM Sport Science discussed How To Build Muscle While Losing Fat At The Same Time In Trained Individuals. Check it out
Jeff Nippard explained The Smartest Way To Get Lean in 2021, a collation of expert advice to get shredded. Check it out
Men’s Health outlined Why You Shouldn’t Always Focus on Lifting Heavy Weights, discussing which exercises are made for heavy weights, which ones not, and why.
Elite FTS outlined
- How to Come Back From Multiple Injuries, how to adjust your training to return from injuries.
- NFL Strength Coach Fixes Powerlifter’s Knee, a blast from the past. Check it out
- Programming for Size and Strength: The Overall Structure of Conjuphasic, what conjugate and conjuphasic is, and how to plan your training according to conjuphasic . Check it out
- The Best Workout Plan For Natural Lifters, advanced training strategies for the natural lifter.
- Core Training for the Fearless, how to increase the intensity of your trunk training.
Breaking Muscle released Building a CrossFit Body, the key principles to build an elite CrossFit athlete’s physique. Check it out
Health & Fitness discussed Why Strength Training is Important for Athletes, outlining the benefits of strength training for athletes.
- also, check out my article Why is strength training important for athletes?
FitnessFAQs listed The 10 Most Important Calisthenics Exercises, the most important exercises, how to execute them, and regressions and progressions. Check it out
Jeremy Ethier discussed The 4 BEST Glute Exercises For A Nicer Butt , the best exercises, how to do them and why they are the best exercises. Check it out
Brute Strength outlined Training and Programming Through COVID and into the 2021 CrossFit Season, not only for Crossfit athletes. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems explained
- How To Warm Up To Your Heaviest Set, the set progressions to your heaviest training set explained. Check it out
- Spoto Press-How, Why & When, What the Spoto Press is, how to execute it, and what it does for you, all explained in less than a minute. Check it out
- Board Press-How, Why & When, What the Board Press is, how to execute it, and what it does for you, all explained in less than a minute. Check it out
Live Strong asked How Bad Is It Really to Never Stretch? What stretching does, the benefits of stretching, when not stretch, and how to get started with a stretching routine.
Bodybuilding.com released Strong Bands for Strong Legs, how to use resistance bands for your home workouts.
- if you are interested in how to use resistance bands as an add-on to your regular training check out my article Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains.
Starting Strength asked How Specific Should Conditioning Be? What conditioning is, the importance of conditioning for different training goals, and how to implement conditioning. Check it out
Biz Journal explained What Peloton taught me about financial planning, an interesting read on the commonalities of goal setting for sporting success and financial success.
The BarBend shared While Most Were Distracted By Froning Drama, Mat Fraser Shared Insight Into His Elite Mindset, how to control the controllable.
Box Rox listed 5 Lower Body Unilateral Exercises to Explode Your Strength and Destroy Weaknesses, presenting different exercises and how to do them.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Range of Motion Training for Growth, an advanced hypertrophy concept, what ROM (range of motion) training is, the goals of ROM training, and programming variations. Check it out
- When and How Should You Deload, the importance of reloading, and considerations on how to do it. Check it out
- Comparing 3 Popular Hypertrophy Splits, the 3 most popular splits and its’ advantages and disadvantages. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
YLM Sports Science demonstrated the benefits of strength training for youth athletes on different physical qualities or tasks. Check it out
The Bar Bend explained How To Calculate Your Macronutrients For Weight Loss, the importance of micronutrients, the role and different sources of each macronutrient, and how to calculate the right amount of each macronutrients.
Bodybuilding.com listed 4 Big Benefits of BCAAs, what BCAA (branched-chain amino acids) are, what they do, and the ideal ratio between the 3 amino acids.
The Greatist discussed a topic that is not often discussed, but certainly real, Overeating, in the article Understanding How Overeating Affects Your Body and How to Stop.
Renaissance Periodization discussed Lose Fat While Gaining Muscle, what are the claims of the gaining muscle and loose fat, the differences between ‘lean gaining’ and ‘recomping’, and a practical approach. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalyst Athletics demonstrated effective Overhead Shoulder Stretches for the Snatch & Jerk. Check it out
The Bar Bend released footage of Heaviest Jerks Ever, some impressive lifts. Check it out
Zack Telander reviews some impressive Jerks [from Clean & Jerk]. Check it out
T-Nation shared a Tip: Fix a Weak Core with Specialty Squats, two squat variations and how they train your core.
The Barbell Physio presented The Best Quad Strength & Hypertrophy Exercises, different Squat variations, and how to do them.
Bicycling.com released These 5 Squat Variations Will Shake Up a Stale Lower-Body Routine, some squat variations are better than others.
Fitness Volt asked Myth or Fact: Do Squats Make You Shorter? Discussing spinal decompression and spinal shrinkage as a result of axial loading, and whether it’s an acute phenomenon or chronic phenomenon.