Article recommendations week #5 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #5 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness Volt listed The 12 Best Biceps Exercises, and how to perform them.
Live Strong explained The Major Key to Building Muscle You’re Probably Overlooking, whilst it’s probably not ‘the’ major key, but much rather ‘a’ major key. This article outlines the importance of sleep for your gainz.
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed Mesocycle Design for Hypertrophy, the most important considerations for putting a mesocycle together to improve your gainz. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared
- Arms Growing Stubbornly Slow? Try Using Biceps and Triceps Eccentric Training, what eccentrics are, how to best execute them and how to use them for your arm training.
- Three Alternative Methods to Build Strength and Size When Progress Stalls, different options to modify your training program to bust plateaus.
Stack explained How to Train a Team: Why ‘Modifiers’ Are an Essential Tool for Coaches, what modifiers are, why you need to have them and how to apply different modifiers for different exercises.
Starting Strength outlined why Functional Training Is Worthless, what functional training is, and the shortcomings of functional training. Check it out
Science For Sports outlined how a mentoring network can help your professinal development in the article The Power Of Mentorship: An S&C Family Tree Perspective.
Elite FTS explained 5 Things I Learned in the Transition From Intern to Strength Coach, an interesting outline of the lessons learned on the journey from an intern to coach.
T3 outlined a process to start strength training for beginners and the most important considerations in the article Strength training for beginners: getting stronger is a journey that starts with one step.
Squat University discussed Massage Guns and Do They Work, reviewing the most popular guns, how to use them and the potential fields of use. Check it out
- The Best Strength Training Method of All Time, a detailled piece on cluster sets, and the different cluster set variations.
- a Tip: Master the Reverse Hyper, one of the best moves for the postrior chain explained.
Breaking Muscle released Getting Bigger, Getting Stronger, Getting Smarter, discussing how beginners can gain muscle mass, training sequencing for advanced athletes, and different planning options for various levels of athletes.
Youth Strength Training Articles
- The No. 1 Statistic for Long-Term Athletic Development, important considerations of why and how kids stay in sport.
- why For Young Athletes, Getting Stronger Is Almost Always a Good Idea, the importance of strength development for young athletes and the benefits.
YLM Sports Science discussed Effects Of High VS. Low Glycemic Index Of Post-Exercise Meals On Sleep & Performance, interesting results.
The Bar Bend shared Mat Fraser’s CrossFit Diet: Everything You Want to Know, some consider Matt Fraser the fittest man on earth, whether that is reallu true or not, this gives an outline of his diet, calorie intake, macro nutrient and micro nutrient distribution, prefered carb and protein sources, his supplement. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed the Hookgrip: Problems And Solutions, the benefits of the hookgrip, the most common issues with the hookgrip and how to solve them.
Zack Telander explained the importance of Fitness for Weightlifting, the benefits of increased fitness, how to train for it, how to balance general exercises vs specific exercises, and how to plan and periodise it. Check it out
Catalystathletics discussed Best Exercise for Snatch & Clean Balance & Positional Strength, why positional strength matters, the best exercises to train that, and the correct reps, sets and intensity for the corrective exercise. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined Transitional Phases for Weightlifting, what transitional phases are, why you need them, and how to contruct a transitional phase. Check it out
Shrugged Collective discussed ow to Find the Best Back Squat Program, a chat about different Back Squat programs and what they can do for you. Check it out
Men’s Health outlined Deadlift alternatives in the article Try These Deadlift Variations If You Hate the Barbell.
The Bar Bend explained
- Touch and Don’t Go? An Easy Answer for Your Deadlift Problem, addressing common weak areas in the Deadlift and how to fix them.
- all you need to know about the Deadlift in the Deadlift Guide | How To, Muscles Worked, Benefits, and More. Also check out the additional explainer video