The most interesting and valuable articles of week #48 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness FAQ explained How to Build Muscle Faster by using supersets, and how to best structure your supersets. Check it out
The Manual outlined The Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), what is HIIT, the benefits of HIIT, and HIIT program considerations.
Lifting Explained shared
- Cheat reps and why they suck, what cheat reps are and why you should avoid them. Check it out
- Reacting to Jeff Nippard’s Push Pull Legs Routine, analyzing a program and its’ pro’s and con’s. Check it out
Tony Bonvechio listed 6 Reasons Your Back Won’t Grow, the most common reasons, and how to fix them.
Juggernaut Training Systems released Our Favorite Bench Cues, in less than a minute. Check it out
Power Athlete discussed Programming Percentages For Strength, discussing different percent zones for different training results. Check it out
Squat University explained what to look for in lifting shoes. Check it out
Elite FTS discussed How You Will Actually Get Stronger. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed
- 5 Benefits Of The Floor Press That Make It Worth Training, what the floor press is, when to use it, its’ benefits and how to put it in your program.
- 5 Ultimate Isometric Exercises for More Core Power and Full Body Stability, variations of the big 3 and some trunk exercises. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization outlined
- How Hard Should You Train For Strength Gains? How to gauge the optimal exertion to make progress. Check it out
- Tip For Better Quad Training, how to use pressure on your foot to maximize gains. Check it out
- How Do Pro Bodybuilders Actually Diet and Train? An interesting chat and discussing common misconceptions. Check it out
T-Nation released For Lifters Only: The Muscle-Sparing Fat Loss Diet, outlining the study results comparing a continuous diet and a non-linear diet.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalystathletics discussed the Wrist Position Overhead in the Snatch & Jerk, what is the ideal position of the wrist and variations of the ideal position. Check it out
Power Athlete discussed Why Athleticism and Weightlifting Differ, what Olympic weightlifting can do for you and what it can’t do. Check it out
Lift Big, Eat Big asked Should You Squat And Deadlift On The Same Day? The pros and cons, which exercise to do first, and workout considerations.
The Bar Bend outlined the benefits of increasing your Deadlift frequency in the article Deadlifting Every Day Can Take Your Strength To New Heights.
Squat University explained How Bird Dogs Can Help Your Deadlift, whether that is really true or not, I’m not sure, but worth checking out and making up your own mind. Check it out