The most interesting and valuable articles of week #47 2019.
Strength Training Articles
Box Rox outlined How to Build Muscle – Combined vs Isolated Exercises Training Program, what is the difference between the 2, how to integrate them into your training and sample workouts.
Fitness Volt shared
- Powerbuilding Basics – How To Get Big And Strong At The Same Time, how to become strong like a powerlifter and ig like a bodybuilder, inclusive sample training plan.
- How To Effectively Utilize Pre- and Post-Exhaustion To Induce More Gains, what pre-exhaustion and post-exhaustion sets are, how to use them, suitable exercise combinations, and example training plans.
TD Athlete Edge listed 5 Silly Fitness Myths Busted! From lifting weights and bulking over harmful exercises to cardio and fat loss.
T-Nation shared a Tip: How to Test & Improve Overhead Flexibility, the importance of Overhead Flexibility, how to assess it, and how to correct it.
- How to Build Serious Single-Leg Strength (And Why It’s So Important), the importance of single-legged training, exercise selection, how to train for different training goals, and an example training plan.
- Why Your Grip Strength Is One of the Best Predictors of Your Life Span, interesting research on the relation between grip strength and life expectancy.
The Bar Bend shared
- Bodybuilding Versus Powerlifting Programs: Three Big Differences, from exercise selection, over training frequency to life-style and nutritional differences.
- The 4-Move Circuit for a Bulletproof Rotator Cuff, a combination of strengthening exercises and mobility drills to bullet-proof your shoulder. Check out the additional explainer video
- Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum: What We Get Wrong About Pain, the latest research on pain science and its’ application to training. Listen in
- their recommended shoes for different purposes, squatting, jumping, different gender, cross training workouts, and more. Check it out
Breaking Muscle explained
- how to use accommodating resitance to improve the DB Pullover in the article Band Pullovers – The Torso Builder.
- why You Need More Than A Training Template, the reasons why a one-size-fits-all approach won’t lead to optimal results.
Brute Strength listed Daily Habits to improve recovery, what you can do before, while and after training to recover faster. Check it out
Life Hacker gave a simple rundown of the most common and popular training bars in the article All The Different Bars At The Gym, Explained.
Picture Fit explained
- How To Get Rid of Muscle Soreness, a recent study to reduce to decrease soreness after training. Check it out
The PTDC discussed How to Deal with a Negative Personal Training Client, not only for PT’s but a worthwhile read for everyone who coaches.
Elite FTS asked
- Do You Have a Task- or Process-Oriented Mindset? The difference between the two, how you can find out, what you are and how to use the information.
- Even More Conjugate For A Little Old Man? How to adjust the conjugate method for older people.
- Common Strength Pitfalls to Avoid, a few common pitfalls outlined, but also what to focus on instead.
Strength Sensei described the Practical Application of the Strength Deficit, what the strength deficit is, what it means, and how to apply the results to your training.
Youth Strength Training Articles
CP News Today shared an interestion study how Resistance Training Improves Strength, Motor Function of Children with CP, Analysis Concludes.
The Athletic Build listed 5 Nutrition Rules for Healthy Living: Dietary Guidelines, food choices, macro nutrients, and hydration considerations.
Starting Strength outlined Carbs, Why They’re Not Evil, and Why They’re Important for Training, what carbs are, the different forms of carbs, their function in the body, and why you need them. Check it out
Power & Fitness explained a simple, but effective tactics if you want to gain muscle mass in the article A Pre-Sleep Protein Shake Can Unlock Even More Muscle Growth, According to Scientists.
Men’s Health revealed why the term superfood is misleading in the article This List of 2020’s Top 10 Superfoods Is Completely Ridiculous.
Picture Fit explained how plate sizes influence weight loss. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization discussed Best Fat Loss Rates, the differences between fast fat loss approach, loss fat loss approach, a moderate approach and the pro’s and con’s of each approach, and the different approaches in numbers. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Shrugged Collective outlined
- How To: Snatch Below The Knee – A Better Second Pull, how the start from the hang below the knee can help to improve the full Snatch movement. Check it out
- How to improve Speed Under the Barbell in the Snatch – Power Snatch + Snatch Balance x 3, an exercise combination to improve the turnover. Check it out
- Should You Use a Dynamic Start in the Snatch & Clean? The difference between a dynamic and a static start, the potential benefits of a dynamic start, who should use a dynamic start, and who should not use it. Check it out
- a Quick Shoulder Stability Prehab for Olympic Weightlifting, how to combine multiple movements into one shoulder prehab drill. Check it out