Article recommendations week #46 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #46 2021.
Strength Training Articles
DY Nutrition released Dorian’s Advice: Bodybuilding Myths, one of the most successful bodybuilders in history shares his training advice. Check it out
The Bar Bend discussed
- one of the most abused advanced training techniques, the drop set, and how to use them wisely in the article Push Your Muscles To Absolute Failure With Drop Sets.
- Everything You Need To Know About How To Maintain Muscle, what to do to keep the gainz you’ve worked so hard for.
Fitness FAQ listed
- 20 Pull-Up Exercises, ranked from easiest to hardest. Check it out
- tactics to Build Huge Shoulders Without Weights, all in less than a minute. Check it out
Elite FTS released
- The Most Important Triceps Exercise You’re Not Doing, whether it’s really the best exercise I don’t know, but if you attempt to isolate your triceps, that could be a solution. Check it out
- the Shake Press, adding pertubation to your Bench Press. Check it out
Power Athlete asked Is Fear Good Or Bad, how to use fear for your advantage. Check it out
- also check out the interview ‘Feel the courage, not the fear.’ with Olympic champion Louise Dobson all on using the fear for your advantage.
Fitness Volt shared
- Build Muscle and Strength with The Fierce 5 Workout Program, a simple and straightforward training program for beginners and intermediate lifters.
- The Pectoral Split – Two Workouts Per Week for Perfect Pecs, how to prioritize your training for the chest.
- Viking Press – Muscles Worked, How-To, Benefits, and Alternatives, what the Viking Press is, the correct technical execution, the muscles involved, benefit, and variations you can use.
Bicycling.com outlined Progressive Overload: The Key Training Technique to Reaching New Goals, what it is, how to apply it, and the importance for cycling.
- also check out the lecture on the Training Principle Of Progressive Overload in my free Mini Course Training Principles Made Simple.
Aleksey Torokhtiy asked Can Anyone Become a Strongman & Dumbbell Press 153kg? An Interview World’s Strongest Man Winner Oleksiy Novikov. Check it out
Brute Strength discussed how to Mastering the Basics of Training, Recovery, and Relationships, movements to prevent injury, dealing with nagging niggles, recovery practices, sleep hacks, and the importance of the right partner. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization discussed
- How Much Should You Train For Strength Gains, and how to break through strength plateaus.. Check it out
- Tips For Falling Asleep, for those who have difficulties falling asleep. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
- What Not To Do When Coaching Your Own Kid. essential advice for those who want to coach their kids.
- Performance Considerations During Female Athlete Growth Spurt, what happens during the growth spurt, and what it means for your training or coaching.
Squat University explained why Kids Weightlifting Is Not Dangerous in less than a minute. Check it out
The Bar Bend asked Should You Take Protein During A Workout? Discussing the pros and cons of intra-workout supplementation, how much you need, and how to time your supplementation.
Renaissance Periodization discussed How To Reverse Dieting, what reverse dieting is, how to do it, and what to avoid. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed How, Why & When Of The Muscle Snatch, explained in less than a minute. Check it out
Squat University asked When Can You Start Deadlifting With Low Back Pain. Check it out
I have released the next lectures from my mini-course on training principles
- training principles lecture 11 ‘The Training Principle Of Interdependency’
And you can get all the information (videos, transcripts, slides, handouts and audios) for free, just sign-up for the free mini course Training Principles Made Simple.