Article recommendations week #45 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #45 2022.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed 6 Bulking Diet Mistakes That Screw Up Everything, the biggest mistakes and how to avoid them.
The Strength Sensei outlined Strength Curves: Part 2, and why you need to understand them.
- also, check out Strength Curves: Part 1, as well as Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains, discussing different strength curves and what that means for your training.
The Bar Bend discussed
- Ramp-Up Sets: How To Get The Most Value From Your Strength Workouts, what Ramp-Up Sets are, the benefits, and how to apply it to different training goals.
- What Is The Suicide Grip And Is It Safe? What the suicide grip is, and whether you should use it.
- How To Do The Reverse Pec Deck — Tips, Tricks, & Variations, what the Reverse Pec Dec can do for you, and how to use it.
Broscience listed 10 Things Nobody Should Do In The Gym, why gym etiquette still matters.
- Building a Dynamic Warmup: A 4-Phase Approach, a simple and straightforward approach to putting a warm-up together.
- Get a Grip: 3 Ways to Increase Grip Strength, the importance of grip strength and how to improve it.
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
The Athletic Build asked Plant-Based Diet for Athletes: Can Vegan Athletes Perform? What plant-based and vegan means, and how to make it work for you.
Stack discussed The Benefits of Carbohydrates for Athletes – Part 4, how carbs can reduce muscle breakdown and promote muscle growth.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy asked Crossfit vs Weightlifting: What Is The Difference? Looking at the differences and similarities.
The Barbell Physio discussed Belt Squat Set-Up Options, different Belt Squat options and how to use them.
Bonvec Strength listed 5 Ways to Improve Your Squat Depth, the most important considerations to squat deeper.
Breaking Muscle compared Deadlift vs. Sumo Deadlift: Know How to Pull, differences, similarities, the correct execution and programming considerations.