Article recommendations week #45 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #45 2020.
Strength Training Articles
FitnessFAQs explained the best ring exercises for muscle growth. Check it out
- The 4 Types of Personal Trainers, the different types of trainers, and their characteristics.
- 3 Habits of Highly Successful Coaches, the importance of connection and communication, understanding learning styles and the right cueing ability.
- the benefits of visualization in the article The Power of Mental Visualization.
Elite FTS discussed
- how to Find the Right Online Coach, what to look for, and what to chose.
- how to do the JM Press, essentially this exercise combines the Bench Press and the French Press. Check it out
- Why You Should Not Do Pause Reps for the Bench Press. Check it out
The BarBend explained How Does Your Limb Length Impact Your Lifts, what to be aware of, and possible adjustments to make based on your limb length.
Power Athlete HQ provided A Framework For Effective Cueing, discussing cues, communication, and do’ and dont’s. Check it out
Livestrong discussed what EPOC is, how it can help with weight loss and how to apply it to your workouts in the article EPOC Really Does Burn Calories After Exercise — Here’s How to Make It Work for You.
Starting Strength asked Do You Know How To Do Barbell Rows? I like the idea of movement patterns vs muscle groups. Check it out
The PTDC discussed The Ethics of Online Training, building trust, handling confidential information, and the principles and fundaments of online training.
Renaissance Periodization explained How To Improve The Quality of Your Training, what quality means, the pillars of quality, how to learn and manifest quality, and how to make sure to maintain quality throughout training cycles. Check it out
Jeremy Ethier How To Build Muscle For $8/Day, how to plan your meals on a budget, the best food sources to meet all macro-nutirent requirements and example meals. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com outlined what you need to know about the plant-based diet in the article Going Plant-Based? Read This First.
Thibarmy asked Keto dieting for lifters. Good or Bad? The pro’s and con’s of keto dieting. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization explained How to Diagnose Obesity, discussing different methods and its’ shortcomings of the measuring body composition. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Complementary Training released My View on Olympic Weightlifting for Athletic Development in Team Sports, the pro’s and con’s of Olympic lifting for athletic performance, and important considerations to weigh up.
Catalystathletics explained Split Jerk: Recover Front Foot First, why you need to recover off the front foot, and why the back-foot recovery leads to problems. Check it out
Livestrong explained how to fix your Overhead Squat mobility in the article Struggling With Your Overhead Squat? Here’s What Your Body Is Trying to Tell You.
- also, check out my article An Ultimate Guide to Overhead Squat Flexibility.
T-Nation listed 4 Steps to Bigger, Safer Pulls in the article Cure Your Deadlift Injury With Deadlifts.
Tony Gentilcore explained The Power of a Slow Start Deadlift, why you should start your Deadlift slow. Check out the additional explainer video