Article recommendations week #43 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #43 2020.
Strength Training Articles
The Bar Bend explained What You Need To Know About How To Increase Strength, the fundamentals of a strength training program well explained.
T-Nation shared a
- a Tip: The Ultimate Overload Curl, variations of the leverage curl for arm gainz.
- The 7 Questions Of Muscle And Strength, how to train like an advanced lifter.
- Body Proportions & Lifting – What You Need To Know, how body proportions influence your training and how you can adjust your training based on your body proportions.
- Tip: The Home Gym Extras You Need, useful home gym additions, and how to use them.
- 4 Bodyweight-Training Myths… Busted! Common myths around bodyweight training busted.
Stack outlined the importance of breathing, different breathing techniques and how to include it in your training in the article Breath, Stabilize, Move for Ultimate Strength and Power.
Elite FTS asked How Much Back Work Do You Need? Discussing why you need a strong back and training implications for back training. Check it out
The PTDC released
- Attention IG Fitness: Stop Programming Like You’re in a Circus! The principles and applications for great program design.
- Comparing Yourself To Other Online Trainers Is Damaging Your Business, the fundamentals of comparison, and some interesting and insightful examples of comparison pitfalls. Listen in
- How to Stop Making Excuses and Grow Through Hardship, the importance of finishing what you started, not giving an easy way out, and the opportunities that challenge offer. Listen in
- what piqued my interest here, was that this, the necessity to go through hardship is, what 2010 Olympic champion Mark Tuitert told me, is the key to growth. Check out the interview ‘Confront yourself with your doubts!’ with Olympic champ Mark Tuitert.
Jeremy Ethier discussed The Worst Stretches For Low Back Pain, what provokes back pain, the stretches to avoid and what to do instead. Check it out
Science For Sports presented a study on sleep behavior and strategic interventions in team sports athletes in the article Enhance Your Sleep, Enhance Your Game!
Renaissance Periodization outlined Muscle Gain Periodization, the nutritional implications and strategies to plan and periodize your nutrition for muscular gains. Check it out
The Great Courses Daily explained the benefits of casein protein consumption before bedtime in the article Gain Muscle while You Sleep: Benefits of Eating Casein before Bed.
Thibarmy explained the why, what and how much of Using Carbs to Boost your Gains. Check it out
Broscience discussed How to Burn Carbs – The definitive dieting guide, the role of carbs in the metabolism, the different forms of carbs and how to burn them with different activities.
Speed Training Articles
Stack explained how to Develop Your Speed Potential, the most important considerations for speed development and an example training program.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy discussed the differences of the Clean vs Power Clean.
Catalyst Athletics discusses the reasons for Hands Sliding on Clean Turnover, and how to fix it. Check it out
Zack Telander explained how to Perfect Your Split Jerk, the technical key points of the Split Jerk and the number one reason most people miss the Split Jerk and how to fix it. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy demonstrated visually How to Breathe During a Heavy Back Squat. Check it out
Squat University listed 3 Tips To Overcoming Sticking Points, the reasons for hitting sticking points and how to fix these sticking points. Check it out
Breaking Muscle outlined the benefits of Heavy Suitcase Deadlifts Build Anti-Rotational Control And Strength, how to do them, and who can benefit from them.
Tony Gentilcore discussed the benefits of the Pause Deadlift, and how to add them to your regular training program. Check out the additional explainer video