Article recommendations week #42 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #42 2020.
Strength Training Articles
FitnessFAQs explained How to Avoid Stupid Injuries, by training smarter and adhering to training principles. Check it out
- Gains Made Simple, how to select the right exercises based on fundamental movements, the correct rep and set scheme, and an example training plan.
- a Tip: Fewer Options, More Muscle, outlining why you just need a handful of exercises and what these exercises are.
- a Tip: The 5 Best Mobility Drills For Lifters, the importance of mobility drills, and a selection of good mobility drills.
- a Tip: The Smarter Way To Plank, how to add a simple hack to your plank.
The PTDC discussed How To Train Online Without In-Person Experience, how the current situation has changed the landscape of training, how to do it without in-person training, how to encourage participation, and why you have to build your fitness and business skills at the same time. Listen in
Elite FTS released
- a 10-Week Program Jumpstart—Old to Athlete, the pillars and goals of the training program, and some example schedules.
- So You Think You Can Bench Press? Supplemental Exercise for Bench Gains, what are supplemental exercises, examples of supplemental exercises and how to perform them. Check it out
Squat University shared The Ultimate Overhead Press Tutorial, whether it’s the ultimate tutorial I am not too sure, however, it covers the technical key points. Check it out
- 5 Steps to Becoming a Better Coach, the importance of commitment, management skills, and constant learning.
- why Combination Exercises That Serve No Purpose, what combination exercises are good for, and what not.
Tony Bonvecchio listed 4 Ways to Add Variety to Upper Back Exercises, the main variables to change up your routine for extra gainz.
Renaissance Periodization explained How to Boost Your Testosterone Naturally, the role testosterone plays in your body, testosterone secretion, and how to stimulate natural testosterone secretion. Check it out
Eric Cressey released CSP Elite Baseball Development Podcast: Performance Principles and Progressions with Kelly Starrett, discussing universal performance principles, recovery strategies, and long-term athletic development. Listen in
Breaking Muscle shared The Muscle Doc Makes a House Call, discussing how to build strength, gain muscle mass, managing the risk of injury, developing robust athletes, and the role of mobility and stability to support strength gains. Check it out
Fitness Volt explained How To Load Creatine For Faster Muscle and Strength Gains, what creatine is, what creatine loading is, and different loading strategies.
Have you heard you should eat an apple a day? Stack listed 8 Awesome Benefits of Eating an Apple a Day.
Renaissance Periodization outlined Making Balanced Meals, the necessary ingredients of a healthy meal, and how to prepare the meals. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalyst Athletics discusses the reasons for Hands Sliding on Clean Turnover, and how to fix it. Check it out
Zack Telander explained how to Perfect Your Split Jerk, the technical key points of the Split Jerk and the number one reason most people miss the Split Jerk and how to fix it. Check it out
Healthline released Hindu Squats: How and Why to Do Them, what Hindu Squats are, the benefits, and how to do them.
Barbell Shrugged discussed Best Squat Cycles for Size and Strength Without Injury, what makes a good Squat cycle, and which cycles to stay away from. Check it out
Starting Strength explained how to maintain Balance In The Squat, the reasons for loosing balance, and how to improve it. Check it out