Article recommendations week #41 2021
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #41 2021.
Strength Training Articles
The Bar Bend shared Bodybuilding For Beginners — Your Ultimate Guide For Getting Started In The Gym, what bodybuilding is, how to train for it, and how and where to get started.
FitnessFAQs explained How To Get Bigger Biceps in less than a minute. Check it out
Fitness Volt listed The 8 Best Compound Triceps Exercises for Size and Strength, the benefits of compound movements and how your arms can benefit from them.
Power Athlete explained
- How to Get Strong with Dr. Squat Fred Hatfield, how to use CAT (compensatory acceleration training) for maximum strength gains. Check it out
- What Are the Mental Benefits of Ice Bath Recovery, discussing the effect of ice baths and mental recovery. Check it out
The Box Rox released Landmine Press Guide – Muscles Worked, Benefits and Technique, what the Landmine Press is, how to execute it, muscular activation, and variations of the Landmine Press.
Calisthenicmovement discussed The Most Common Workout Mistake You’re Doing, and why you should avoid shrugging. Check it out
Tony Bonvechio listed 5 Bench Press Tips for Lifters with Long Arms, from set-up, over leg drive, and training synergistic muscles.
Brute Strength asked How Much Harder Can the Sport of Crossfit Get, the evolution of Crossfit and where can it further develop to. Check it out
Fitness Volt discussed Bodybuilding Without Supplements, a good outline of how to make gainz without supplements.
Aleksey Torokhtiy shared BCAAS – The Most Overrated Supplement, common misconceptions of BCAA’s and what they can do for you, and who might benefit from BCAA supplementation.
Jeremy Ethier outlined The Smartest Way To Quickly Lose Fat, by using mini-cuts. Check it out
The Bar Bend released
- The Best Vegan Protein Powders of 2021, vegan powders for weight gain, weight loss, and meal replacements. Check it out
- The Best Mass Gainers of 2021, best mass gainer for bodybuilding, best taste, and best for digestion. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization discussed
- How To Reduce Hunger While Dieting, strategies to reduce hunger, such as food density, protein consumption, reduction of liquid calories, and how caffeine can help. Check it out
- Getting Exotically Huge, listing 4 considerations if you want to get really huge. Check it out
Squat University discussed How Low Should You Squat, how low you should go, and the reasons why. Check it out
Elite FTS demonstrated Squat Progressions You’ve Never Thought Of, different squat progressions and what they do for you. Check it out
The Bar Bend listed 7 Dumbbell Deadlift Benefits That’ll Convince You To Pull Without A Barbell, little known benefits of the dumbells over the barbell.
Lift Big Eat Big outlined 7 Tactics To Increase Your Deadlift By 100 Pounds, straightforward pieces of advice and an example training program.
Elite FTS shared Dave Tate Fixes 6 Deadlifts At Once, some interesting training footage. Check it out
I have released the next lectures from my mini-course on training principles
- training principles lecture 5 ‘The Training Principle Of A Varied Stimulus’
- training principles lecture 6 ‘The Training PrincipleOf Stimulus & Response’
And you can get all the information (videos, transcripts, slides, handouts and audios) for free, just sign-up for the free mini course Training Principles Made Simple.