Article recommendations week #40 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #40 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Men’s Health presented a combined superset to train your arms efficiently and effectively in the article Blast Your Biceps and Triceps With This Single-Dumbbell Superset.
Renaissance Periodization discussed an Amazing Training Technique You Aren’t Using, outlining the what, how and why of Giant Sets. Check it out
The Bar Bend asked
- Not Making Progress In The Gym? These 6 Surprising Reasons Might Be Why, the possible reasons, and how to fix them.
- What Is Muscle Maturity, Anyway? What it is, what the science says and how you can train for it.
- If there would only be one warm-up you could do prior to your Bench Presses what would it be in the article The Only Bench Press Warm-Up You’ll Ever Need.
Stronger By Science discussed
- Mechanical Tension For Hypertrophy And Strategic Food Selection, the most important drivers for muscular gainz, and why mechanical tension might be the most important of all of them. Listen in
- What To Do About Below-Average Gains, what below-average gains are and what you can do against it. Check it out
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
Peak Strength described How To Military Press. Check it out
Stack outlined How Micro-Progressions Can Change Your Workouts, what micro-progressions are, and how to apply them.
- also check out The Training Principle Of Progressive Overload.
Bodybuilding discussed How to Learn the Benefits of Unilateral Training, the benefits of unilateral training. Check it out
Elite FTS explained
- The Rate Of Perceived Exertion, what the RPE (rate of perceived exertion) is, how it works, and how to use it.
- Why Simple Does Not Mean Easy, I can’t agree more with this one.
- Why You Only Need 5 Sets. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big asked Are Triceps Push Or Pull? A common question amongst the people discussing the optimal training split.
Broscience listed the 10 Most Unexpected Reasons Guys Start Lifting Weights,
Athlean X released an exhaustive list of the Best Fitness YouTubers.
- The Bent Press is the Forgotten Lift You Need, what the Bent Press is, why you should do it, and the correct technical execution.
- The 4 Worst Ways to Heal From Lifting Injuries, and what to do instead.
Broscience listed the 3 Best Muscle-Building Supplements, and what they do for you.
Power Athlete explained why Achieving Your Target Weight Loss Is Only Half The Battle. Listen in
Renaissance Periodization outlined Why Detoxes Are BS. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Garage Strength explained How To Build Speed Strength for Athletes, what speed-strength is, why you need it, and how to train for it. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy asked Why Olympic Weightlifters Are Dropping Weights? Listen in
Catalyst Athletics explained Get Out of Your Cleans Faster & Easier, a common problem and how to fix it. Check it out
Men’s Health shared Legendary Strength Coach Dan John Just Shared His Best Advice for ‘Bad Squatters’, and how to fix it.
Generation Iron released Front Barbell Squat Exercise Guide. Check it out