The most interesting and valuable articles of week #4 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Bodybuilding.com explained How to Improve Your Bench Press Today, an outline of how to optimally execute the Bench Press movement. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared
USA News listed the 2020 Fitness Trends, a prediction of the biggest trends for 2020. It looks like the trends are going back towards some old-school training training, rather than the use of technology.
Strength Sensei explained how to Master The Bench Press the benefits of the Bench Press, how different grip variations affect muscular activation, and how to train different sticking points.
Ever wondered how Olympic barbells are made, check out this documentary from Shrugged Collective.
T-Nation explained how to execute the Farmer’s Walk and programming considerations in the article Tip: Loaded Carries, Crowded Gyms.
Starting Strength discussed
- Train More To Speed Up Progress? Outlining what makes you progress, what you need to focus on and why
- Progressing from Lat Pulldown to Chin Ups, the difference between Pull Up and Chin Up, which one to choose, how to execute it and how to progress from the Pulldown to a Chin Up. Check it out
Setanta College outlined The Benefits Of S&C In Personal Training, the benefits of strength & conditioning for the personal training sector.
Stack explained Why Nutrition Isn’t About Making the ‘Perfect’ Choice. The importance of a well-balanced approach and why.
Picture Fit asked Can Fruits Be the Game Changer For Weight Loss? A look at the recent scientific literature discussing the role of fruit consumption in the process of weight loss. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Bar Bend released The Heaviest Clean & Jerks Ever Filmed! An interesting dive into the weightlifting history of the heaviest lifts. Check it out
- Choosing Your Jerk Dip Style, outlining the two different Jerk styles, and how to find out, which one is best for you. Check it out
- Staying Over the Bar in the Snatch & Clean: What, Why & How, what the common cue of staying over the bar means, why you need to stay over the bar, common flaws and how to correct them. Check it out
Powerlifting Technique shared Do Squats Make You Jump Higher? (Yes, Here’s Why & How) an in-depth outline of how the squat can help to improve jump performance, the most relevant research, important considerations, and a sample training program.
Elite FTS discussed
- Bar Position For The Squat, how to get the bar into the right position if you have an injury or lack the sufficient mobility. Check it out
- The Bulgarian Split Squat: Which Side Should You Load? Where should you hold the dumbbell if you do uni-lateral squats. Check it out
The Barbell Physio released an in-depth outline to improve your Overhead Squat in the article Ultimate Guide To Improving Your Overhead Squat.