The most interesting and valuable articles of week #39 2021.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed 5 Workout Mistakes Killing Your Progress, why they stop your gainz, and what to do instead.
Fitness Volt explained
- How To Build Bigger Arms With Biceps 21s, what they are, why to do them, how to do them, and different variations of 21s.
- The Cable Pull Through – Muscles Worked, How-To, Benefits, and Alternatives, the muscular activation, how to do them, the pros and cons, and alternatives.
FitnessFAQs demonstrated The World’s Greatest Abs Exercise, a regression of the standing ab rollout. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com asked Why Do Muscles Fatigue? The different forms of fatigue, which ones you have to accept, and which ones you can influence.
Elite FTS released Dave Tate’s Definitive Guide to Chains, what chains do and the different applications for training with chains. Check it out
- also check out the article Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains
Lift Big Eat Big listed the 12 Best Back Exercises For Mass, the best exercises for your back, and how to integrate them in your workout.
Calisthenicmovement listed 3 Things You Didn’t Know About Pull-Ups, discussing grip width, pulling to front or back, and which grip to choose. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared The Complete Guide To Kettlebell Training For Beginners, the benefits of kettlebell training and how to implement it into your training program.
Science Alert discussed ice baths and its’ effect on recovery in the article Do Ice Baths Actually Improve Muscle Recovery.
Youth Strength Training Articles
- 8 principles for an Athletic Training Programs For 11-14-Year-Olds.
- the most important considerations for youth athletes starting with plyometric drills in the article Jumping to New Performance Levels: Plyometric Training for Youth.
The Athletic Build outlined Why Athletes Should Avoid or Limit Alcohol.
The Bar Bend released The Best Creatine Supplements In 2021, the best creatine for men, women, beginners, and more. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization discussed how to go into a maintenance phase after a cut. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Men’s Health discussed The Difference Between Olympic Weightlifting vs. Powerlifting, a simple and straightforward explanation.
The Box Rox outlined How to Perform a Perfect Hang Clean, What Muscles It Works and 5 Fun Workouts to Add to Your Training, what the Hang Clean is, how to do it, the muscles worked and how to implement it in your training.
- also, check out The Ultimate Guide to Power Cleans
Catalyst Athletics explained How To Push Down Better Snatch Balance, the purpose of the push, as well as dos and don’t. Check it out
Squat University demonstrated a warm-up for the Clean & Jerk. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed the main considerations , when answering the question Should Olympic Lifters Bench Press?
Mark Bell’s Power Project shared a debate on Partial Squats vs Full Squats in the Joel Seedman Debates Mike Israetel on 90° Squats vs Full Squats. Check it out
-check out the different classifications of the Squat (Full Squat, Half Squat, Quarter Squat0 in the article The Fundamentals of the Back Squat
I have started a series on training principles and their application. Out of the 11 videos, this week 3 videos have been published
- the introduction to this mini-course
- training principles lecture 1 ‘What are training principles’
- training principles lecture 2 ‘A different approach to training principles’
And you can get all the information (videos, transcripts, slides, handouts and audios) for free, just sign-up for the free mini course Training Principles Made Simple.