Article recommendations week #33 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #33 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Breaking Muscle released a guide on Powerbuilding: The Training Method For Size And Strength, discussing what powerbuilding is, who should use it, why to train powerbuilding, common mistakes, and programming considerations.
- Why you should Never Lift Weights to Failure, Unless You Want to Build Muscle2, the pros and cons of lifting to failure.
- Considerations for Training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Athletes, what BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) is, and how to best train for it.
- Sleep Strategies and Actionable Tips for Athletes, the sleep basics you need to know, and how to get better sleep.
- 5 Benefits of Jumping Rope, discussing what rope jumping can do for you.
The Strength Sensei shared Strength Sensei 101: Sets, how to effectively structure your sets to achieve different training goals.
The Bar Bend described
- How To Train Your Strength Sport In A Commercial Gym, how to tweak your training to effectively powerlift, and olympic weightlift.
- 10 Thruster Workouts For Beginner, Intermediate, And Advanced Athletes, the different workouts from beginner, to intermediate, and advanced outlined.
YLM Sports Science discussed Trunk Muscle Training And Sport-Specific Performance. Check it out
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
Bonvec Strength busted 5 Muscle Gaining Myths You Shouldn’t Believe, common myths and why they aren’t true.
Bodybuilding.com explained How To Perfect The Push-Up. Check it out
- the importance of neck training in the article The Look Of Power: Build a Thick Neck.
- 6 Ways to Build Shoulders That Don’t Wanna Grow. proposing some unusual exercises to stimulate shoulder growth Check out the additional explainer video
Men’s Health demonstrated a Hanging Leg Rais variation to target different areas in the article This Hanging Leg Raise Variation Challenges Your Core in Different Directions.
Youth Strength Training Articles
Science For Sports listed 3 Progressive Steps For Athlete Development, an approach to optimize athlete development.
T-Nation listed The 5 Worst Weight Loss Mistakes Lifters Make, the most common mistakes and what to do instead.
The Bar Bend outlined everything you need to know about antioxidants in the article The Big Article About Everything Antioxidants.
Power Training Articles
The Bar Bend listed 14 Best Box Jump Variations To Bring Your Leg Power To New Heights, the different variations for different competency levels, and how to execute them.
Speed Training Articles
Stack listed 5 Sled Tempo Exercises That Increase Speed and Maximize Performance, the different exercises and how to do them.
Lift Big Eat Big asked Are Squats Enough For Huge Quads? The anatomy of the quads and how to best Squat variations to train the quads.