The most interesting and valuable articles of week #33 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness Volt explained How To Build Muscle And Strength With A Sled, what sled training is, the benefits of sled training, and different exercises that can be performed with a sled.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Training Phases for Hypertrophy, different training phases for hypertrophy, and how to manipulate the phases. Check it out
- Are You Training Too Light? How to determine whether you are training too light and how to adjust the training intensity, if needed. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com asked What’s the Right Set-and-Rep Scheme for You? Outlining how to plan a training year and how to effectively train throughout the year.
Men’s Health shared A Complete Guide to Push and Pull Movements for a Bigger Upper Body, different push and pull movements, and variations thereof depending on different training goals.
The PTDC discussed How to Use Money to Buy a Better Life, why money is often a taboo subject, what is money good for, and what not, how to improve your life with the money that you have. Listen it out
The Poliquin Group asked What Are The Metabolic Benefits Of The Keto Diet, how the keto diet works, and how it affects the metabolism.
The Bar Bend discussed BCAAs vs EAAs – Is Either Helpful for Your Workouts? What they are, what they are supposedly do, and are they worth considering. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy shared Sources Of Creatine: Meat Vs Supplements? The role and benefits of creatine, natural creatine sources, and does creatine supplementation make sense.
The Institute of Performance Nutrition looked at Ketone Salts and Exercise Performance: A Science to Practice Overview, what external ketones are, how they work, the different ketone esters, and what the science says about their effectiveness. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Zack Telander asked Is Oly Lifting worth for Athletics? The pros & cons of Olympic lifting for athletes. Check it out
All Things Gym released some interesting footage from Lasha Talakhadze’s Snatch warm-up. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems demonstrated
- How To Warmup for the Clean, outlining the exercise sequence for a Clean warm-up.
- Warming Up for the Jerk, how to effectively progress exercises to warm-up for the Snatch.
- Basics of the Clean, outlining the technical key points of Clean. Check it out
- Basics of the Snatch, the technical key points of the Snatch. Check it out
- 3 Tips for a Better Bottom Position in the Snatch, tips to get into the correct start position. Check it out
T-Nation demanded Stop Deadlifting Your Squats, what Deadlifting your Squat means, and exercises to fix it.
Tony Gentilcore outlined a 60 Second Deadlift Tip: Push, don’t Pull, how thinking about pushing can help your Dealift. Check out the additional explainer video