Article recommendations week #32 2020
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #32 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Fitness Volt outlined How to Burn Fat with Strength Training, how to modify your strength training to accelerate fat loss.
- also, check out the article Only 3 Things You Need To Know About Strength Training and Weight Loss.
Athlean X explained How to Get Big and Strong, the most important considerations to become bigger and stronger.
The Bar Bend shared
- Training Mistakes We See All The Time, following up on the article 5 Strength Training Mistakes I See Way More Than I Should and expanding on the topics. Check it out
- 2020 CrossFit Games Moves Online, But Some Will Compete in Person! Interestingly a hybrid-model of online and offline competition. Check it out
Power Athlete HQ discussed Extra Arm Work, What to Do and When to Do it, how to effectively incorporate arm training without ruining the rest of the training.
FitnessFAQs explained How To Planche Push-Up, and the progressions to master the Planche Push-Ups. Check it out
T-Nation listed 4 Lies Trainers Tell You, what the ‘lies’ are and what to do.
Stack asked Does Bigger Equal Stronger? The mechanisms of getting stronger and how getting bigger help and don’t help.
Men’s Health demonstrated how to activate the parasympathetic nervous system to fall asleep faster in the article This ‘4-7-8’ Breathing Technique Will Help You Fall Asleep Faster. Here’s How It Works.
Renaissance Periodization explained
- When and How to Deload for Size, why you need to deload, how to effectively deload, and deload structures. Check it out
- Are You Training Too Heavy, looking at the different possibilities why you might be training to heavy and what to do. Check it out
The Poliquin Group listed 3 Pre-Workout Nutrition Priorities, outlining the goals of pre-workout nutrition and how to achieve these goals.
Speed Training Articles
Stack listed 3 Reasons Why All Athletes Should Incorporate Top Speed Sprinting, why speed training is important, and how to incorporate it.
Agility Training Articles
The Bar Bend shared the best selection of Agility Ladders With Parachute, outlining the best value, quickest set-up, and most professional.
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Bar Bend listed 6 Ways Weightlifters Can Use “Overload Training” for Better 1RMs, what ‘overload training’ is, and how to use it for different exercises.
Aleksey Torokhtiy shared the Bulgarian Method, Bulgarian weightlifters were very successful 3 – 4 decades ago by following an unconventional approach. This article summarises the approach.
Juggernaut Training Systems described the importance of a system for the Snatch set-up. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined the exercises and sequences for a Warm-Up for the Squat.
The Bar Bend shared
- 5 Tips to Fix Your Funky “Good Morning Squats” From Home, what the ‘Good Morning Squat’ is, why it’s potentially dangerous and how to fix it.
- Why Front Rack Split Squats Are the Best Unilateral Leg Exercise For Weightlifters, the benefits of the Front Rack Split Squat, the technical execution, and important coaching cues.
- 3 Variations to Take Trap Bar Squats to the Next Level, the differences between Barbell Squats and Trap Bar Squats, and exercise variations of the Trap Bar Squat.
- Pros and Cons of the Safety Squat Bar for Front Squats, how to use the safety-bar for Front Squats, and the pros and cons of this variation.
T-Nation outlined the importance of mobility for the Squat and some mobility drills to improve your Squat in the article Tip: Mobility for Better Squats.
- for more info on Mobility and Flexibility, check out An Ultimate Guide to Overhead Squat Flexibility.
LiveStrong explained how to improve ankle mobility for a better squat in the article Want to Improve Your Squats? Try This 10-Minute Ankle Mobility Routine.
Starting Strength demonstrated different Deadlift Grip Options, the options you have and which one to use when. Check it out
Tony Gentilcore outlined a 60 Second Deadlift Tip: The Wedge, how to get the right set-up. Check out the additional explainer video
Juggernaut Training Systems shared
- a Sample Deadlift Warmup, outlining the exercise sequence for a Deadlift warm-up.
- the Stance & Setup of the Sumo Deadlift
- Generating Tightness of the Sumo Deadlift
- Pull & Lockout of the Sumo Deadlift