The most interesting and valuable articles of week #30 2022.
Strength Training Articles
- Science Proves the Mind-Muscle Connection, how concentration and focus do make a difference in your quest for gainz.
- Get Strong with a Big ROM, how to progress exercises through a greater ROM (range of motion. Check out the additional explainer video
Breaking Muscle listed The 14 Best Triceps Exercises For Bigger, Stronger Arms, the best exercises and how to do them.
Men’s Health outlined
- How The Dynamic Effort Method Can Help You Break Through Strength Plateaus, what the dynamic effort method is, and how it can help you breaking through plateaus.
- a variation of the Incline Dumbell Press to overload the eccentric phase in the article This Incline Press Variation Forces You to Focus to Build More Muscle.
- alternatives for the Barbell Overhead Press in the article The Barbell Overhead Press Is Overrated. Do These Exercises to Build Your Shoulders Instead.
Bodybuilding.com listed 4 steps to Perfecting Your Push-Up.
Bar Bend asked
- How To Find The Right Weightlifting Shoe Heel Height, the factors to consider the heel height, and which heel height is best for you.
- What’s The Future Of Strength Content? An interesting chat on how we most likely consume information in the next years and decades. Listen in
Stack released the benefits of training on health in the article Exercise as Medicine.
Elite FTS discussed the basics of training and nutrition in the article The 6s and 7s of Training and Nutrition.
Bonvec Strength listed 3 Reasons to Use a Top Set Approach, what a top set is, and how to effectively use it. IMHO a top set can actually be a very useful tool in certain periods of the year.
Lift Big Eat Big outlined How To Get A Bigger Butt, the anatomy of the butt muscles, and how to effectively train them.
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack asked Why is Mindset Development so Important for Youth Athletes? What mindset is, and why it is important.
Bodybuilding.com discussed the main nutritional considerations for endurance training in the article Fueling for Endurance Training.
Power Athlete busted some common Lies About Food. Listen in
Stronger By Science asked Is The 5:2 Fasting Diet A Viable Option For Lifters? What the 5:2 Fasting Diet is, and recent research looking into its’ effectiveness.
Science For Sports discussed Plant-Based Protein And Performance: All You Need To Know, the different vegan and vegetarian diets explained, the importance of quality and quantity of plant-based protein sources, and key considerations for plant-based athletes.
Stack provided useful tips on how to stay hydrated during the summer in the article Tips and Specific Foods that will Hydrate You During the Summer.
Bar Bend listed 10 Goblet Squat Variations You Can Do To Drink Up The Leg Gains, the best Goblet Squat variations, the muscles worked of each variation, and how to program them.
Lift Big Eat Big asked Do Squats Work Abs? How much does the Squat work your abs, and what are the different options.
The Bar Bend asked Romanian Deadlift Vs. Deadlift — Which Is Better For Your Program? The differences and similarities between the two, how to do each of these variations, and when to do the RDL, and when to do the regular Deadlift.