The most interesting and valuable articles of week #30 2020.
Strength Training Articles
Bonvec Strength listed 4 Intensity Techniques for Increased Muscle Growth, what intensity techniques are, why intensity is important for gains, and 4 popular techniques, and how to do them.
Breaking Muscle discussed Training For Size, Training for Muscle Mass, discussing the principles of program design for hypertrophy, common mistakes most gym-goers do when training for size, and the concept of strategic deconditioning. Check it out
Men’s Health shared
- 7 Ways to Maximize Your Gains Via Progressive Overload, one of the most fundamental training principles and its’ different applications.
- Lewis Hamilton On The Physical and Mental Pressure To Stay Fit, how the 2nd most successful formula 1 driver in history stays in shape.
- What You Need to Know About Spotting in the Gym, a short primer on how to spot effectively and safely.
Calisthenicmovement asked Are Planks a Waste of Time? Discussing the muscular activation, how exercise variations influence muscular activation and who can benefit from a plank and who can’t. Check it out
The PTDC shared
- The Best Apps and Software to Manage Your Online Training Business, check out this interesting list on free and paid apps to run your business, not only for personal trainers. Listen in
- How to Price Online Training for Max Profit and Max Clients, why you need to take pride in what you do, how to set yourself up for profit on top of a salary, and working efficiently, hence maximizing time and income. Listen in
YLM Sports Science released an Achilles Tendon-Loading Protocol. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems shared technical key points for different phases of the Bench Press
- The Setup
- The Grip and Touchpoint
- Leg Drive & Bar Path
Bodybuilding.com listed 3 Best Plateau-Busting Workout Splits, different work-out splits, and example templates on how to use them.
Elite FTS outlined The Conjugate Business Plan, an interesting piece on how to apply the conjugate system to business.
Swim Swam shared
- 5-Time Olympian Dara Torres Shares Her Swimming Stories, an interesting chat with one of the greatest female swimmers in history. Check it out
- How Does Katie Hoff Build Swim Strength on Dry Land, the training routine of a two-time Olympic medalist and former world record holder. Check it out
- if you are interested in more information how Lympic swimmers train, check out the training regimen of Silver medalist Sara Isaković, Olympic champion Mark Henderson, and 4-time Olympic champion Inge de Bruijn.
Starting Strength asked How Long You Need To Rest Between Set? Discussing the need for rest periods, what determines the length of the rest period, and why a structured training program is important. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared Meg Squats: Getting a Barbell Into Every Woman’s Hands, discussing online communities for lifters, barbell training and why you need to do it, goal setting, and much more. Listen in
Renaissance Periodization asked
- How Often Should You Train, considerations of how often should you train every muscle group, how many total sessions you need to do in a week, and which training split to choose. Check it out
- Why do so many bodybuilders train to failure? Discussing what is failure, pros and cons of training to failure, and better options than training to failure. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com explained How To Choose The Right Protein Powder, discussing the different whey protein options, casein protein, mass gainers, meal replacement options, and different protein sources. Check it out
YLM Sports Science demonstrated why protein consumption at breakfast is important for your gains.
Jeremy Ethier outlined 4 Phases How To Diet To Lose Fat For Good, discussing how to reset your metabolism, the macronutrient distribution for weight loss, how to plan the different diet phases for maximum success. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems discussed How Does Height Affect Your Lifting, looking at body proportions and height and how it influences the different phases of the lifts. Check it out
Catalystathletics explained the Clean-Grip Snatch, what it is, how to execute it, and when to use it. Check it out
Zach Telander demonstrated the Top Mobility Exercises for Weightlifting for the Upper and Lower Body. Check it out
Power Athlete HQ outlined why Power Athlete Squat with Staggered Stance, the benefits of incorporating staggered stance Squats. Check out the additional explainer video
Elite FTS shared the Best Breathing, Bracing and Grip Techniques for your Squat, tips from Dave Tate on better squatting. Check it out
If you want to learn and train with the Starting Strength style Back Squat, here is how to find the correct bar position. Check it out
Alan Thrall explained How To Squat – Any Style, discussing the pillars of a good squat, balance, range of motion, back angle, bar position, breathing and considerations for adding weight. Check it out