The most interesting and valuable articles of week #28 2021.
Strength Training Articles
Men’s Health explained the benefit of contrast training and how to do it in the article Contrast Training Gives You a Chance to Hone Strength and Power Together.
Barbell Shrugged listed 6 pillars of sustainable fat loss, what these pillars are, and why they matter. Check it out
Fitness FAQ demonstrated The Best Six Pack Abs Exercise, the best exercises, the rationale for the choice, and how to do the exercises. Check it out
Athlean X released a How To Bench Press Checklist, set up, execution, and muscular activation.
Shredded Sports Science compared HIIT vs Steady State Cardio, looking at the latest research on the topic, the benefits, disadvantages, and which one to chose. Check it out
Fitness & Power listed The best 10 Dumbbell Back Exercises for Building Mass, the anatomy of the back muscles, the benefits of dumbells, and the best exercises.
T-Nation outlined The Poliquin Shock Method, what the Poliquin Shock Method is, why to use different rep ranges, and how to use it.
Coach Mag released What People Who Lift Weights Should Know About Tempo Training, what tempo training is, how to use tempo or cadence in your training, and example workouts.
Stronger By Science released Energy Deficiency, Training Frequency, and Beginner Gains, discussing the topics of relative energy deficiency, diet recovery, training frequency, beginner gains, the ‘constrained energy model’, ideal durations for bulking, and cutting phases. Check it out
Calisthenicmovement listed 6 Exercises ALL Beginners Should Learn First! The basic movements and how to progress them. Check it out
Breaking Muscle described The 4 Stages Of Acquiring Skill Sets, what the four stages are and how to use the information for your training.
The BarBend shared
The Stylist asked Weightlifting belts: do you really need to wear one, and how do they work? The use of weightlifting belts and who should consider using one.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Designing a Powerlifting Strength Program, discussing how to design the program, exercise selection, rep ranges, and training volumes. Check it out
- What Repetition Range Should You Train In, discussing different rep ranges and what they do. Check it out
The Beet asked How Much Protein Do You Need to Build Muscle on a Plant-Based Diet? The challenges of a plant-based diet and how to adjust your diet to it.
Men’s Health released A Dietitian Created a Perfect Pre-Workout Meal Plan, discussing the right foods, the correct quantities, nutrient timing, hydration and common problems.
- How a Ketogenic Diet Works, what the keto diet is, the benefits, and common questions around the ketogenic diet.
- all about fats, what they do, sources of fat, and the importance of the fat quality. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Starting Strength discussed
- The One Way to Make Power Go Up, the importance of strength on power development. Check it out
- The Significance of a Big Vertical Jump, what contributes to vertical jump performance. Check it out
- The Importance of Force Production on developing power. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy released session 11 of his Leg Strength Training Program. Check it out
Elite FTS gave a glimpse in a Full Leg Day: Brutal Drop Set & Mobility Hacks. Check it out
Squat University discussed Deadlifting with Back Pain, how to evaluate and how to fix it. Check it out