The most interesting and valuable articles of week #28 2020.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed The 6 Types of Reps for Gains, rep variations for bigger muscles.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- How Many Sets Maximize Growth, how many sets you need to trigger an adaptation for beginners, intermediate and advanced athletes, as well as best practices. Check it out
- Technique Fundamentals for Muscle Growth Training, the importance of technique, the 8 technique fundamentals, and the implications for training. Check it out
FitnessFAQs explained how to get 6 Pack Abs for Calisthenics and get a Bulletproof Core. Check it out
Gent Side described one of the most fundamental training principles and why it matters in the article What Is Progressive Overload and Why Is It Important to Implement in My Workout?
Jeremy Ethier asked How Much Cardio Should You Do To Lose Belly Fat? Providing a 4-step plan from start to finish. Check it out
Fitness Volt explained the differences between Isotonic vs. Isometric Exercises – Differences, Benefits, and Examples, what isometric and isotonic is, and which one to use for what.
Breaking Muscle released how to Use Your Brain To Get Flexible Fast, a 3-step approach to becoming more flexible.
Robertson Training Systems demonstrated How to Perform the Dragon Flag. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared
Tony Bonvechio outlined why you need to Rethink the Deload, what a deload is, why it matters, how often to deload and important deload considerations.
Calisthenicmovement listed 3 Perfect Stretches to Start Your Day! The 3 stretches and how to progress and regress them. Check it out
Power Athlete HQ discussed a heated topic, the ‘throwing’ athlete and overhead work in the article Going Overhead With Throwing Athletes – Part 2.
- Essential Supplements for Plant-Based Diets, discussing Diets without animal protein lacking essential AA (amino acids), Creatine, Iron and B-12, Vitamin D/Calcium, and Soy Protein. Check it out
- 4 Hacks for Maximizing Muscle Growth While Intermittent Fasting, importance of protein consumption, meal timing, supplements and how to schedule the trainings. Check it out
Nation shared a Tip: How Hardcore People Screw Up Their Diet Plan, the number one mistake and how to avoid it.
Picture Fit introduced a new series This Week In Fitness! This time discussing protein for endurance athletes and the importance of fruits and veggies for athletes. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Juggernaut Training Systems explained how to Improve the Jerk, the technical key points, cueing, and mobility demands.
Zack Tealander demonstrated exercise sequences to learn How to Power Clean. Check it out
Starting Strength outlined how to Keep Your Arms Straight in the Power Clean and prevent or fix an early arm pull. Check it out
Squat University explained how to get better Back Squat Shoulder Mobility, the reasons for poor mobility and how to fix them. Check it out
Elite FTS released a Deadlift tutorial. Check it out
T-Nation outlined The Görner Method for a bigger Deadlift.
There’s a lot of discussion on the differences between RDL vs Stiff-legged Deadlift vs Straight Leg Deadlift, whilst some say they are all the same some say there are subtle nuances. Catalystathletics demonstrated their different versions on the example of the Snatch-grip, which basically means a wide grip. Check it out
- Snatch-Grip Straight-Legged Deadlift
- Snatch Grip Stiff-Legged Deadlift
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined a Sample Sumo Deadlift Warm-up, the different steps and exercises for an effective Sumo Deadlift Warm-up. Check it out
Coincidently Barbell Shrugged discussed Stiff Legged Deadlift vs. Romanian Deadlift. Check it out