The most interesting and valuable articles of week #27 2022.
Strength Training Articles
The Strength Sensei explained how to use inter-serial rest periods effectively in the article Plan Inter-Set Breaks for Maximum Strength.
Garage Strength shared
- How To Gain Mass Fast, what prevents you from gaining weight, and 4 straightforward tips for gaining weight. Check it out
- the reasons Why You’re Not Getting Stronger, and 4 steps to get stronger. Check it out
Stack outlined the Foundational Exercises for Athletes of all Ages, all about pushing, pulling, squatting, hinging, and lunging.
- also check out the Fundamental Movements guide.
Fitness & Power discussed
- How to effectively split your body parts to maximize strength and size in the article Upper Lower Split Routine For Strength and Mass.
- The Science of Stretching For Muscle Growth: Fascia Stretching, what the fascia is, and the elements of a good warm-up and effective stretching routine.
- How To Train Your Shoulders Smarter, the different anatomical parts of the shoulder, and how to best train them.
Starting Strength looked at the differences between Bodybuilding vs Strength Training. Check it out
The Bar Bend explained How To Use Daily Undulating Periodization To Force New Muscle And Strength Gains, what DUP (Daily Undulating Periodization) is, the benefits, and how to use it.
Squat University shared Part 3 Of Fix Your Bench Press, looking at shoulder stability from a rehab, as well as prehab standpoint. Check it out
- also check out the previous parts
- part 1
- part 2
Biolayne asked How Many Sets Per Body Part For Muscle Growth? Looking at different studies to find out the ideal set number. Check it out
Bonvec Strength listed 4 Signs You Might Need a Deload, the reasons why you need a deload and what to do during the deload.
Men’s Health described How to Do the Overhead Triceps Extension, one of the best triceps exercises explained.
Jeremy Ethier released Rounder Glutes: 5 Mistakes Keeping Your Butt Flat, the most common mistakes and how to fix them. Check it out
Elite FTS looked at Training for Soldier Athletes, why soldiers are athletes, the demands placed on soldiers and how to best train to meet these demands.
Power Athlete explained How To Build A Thick Lower Back, through using rack pulls, and how to do them correctly. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big listed 8 Epic Hamstring Exercises With Dumbbells, the anatomy of the hamstring and the best exercises to target the hamstring.
Bret Contreras looked at the biomechanics of the Hip Thrust. Check it out
Stronger By Science discussed Intuitive Eating, Plyometrics For Hypertrophy, And A Sauna Update. Listen in
Juggernaut Training Systems showed Lower Back Rehab Strategies, and how to overcome lower back pain to get the most out of your lifting. Check it out
Men’s Health answered
- the most common questions around BCAA (branched-chain amino acids) in the article BCAAs Supplements Do a Whole Lot of Nothing for Muscle Growth.
- Why understanding The Difference Between Dietitians and Nutritionists is really important.
Power Athlete discussed Bulking On A Budget, what macronutrients you need, the right quantities, and how to get the best bang for your buck. Check it out
The Bar Bend asked Do Testosterone Supplements Actually Work? Discussing what testosterone boosters are, how they are supposed to work, and do they actually work.
Biolayne looked at the claim that You Can’t Burn Fat & Sugar At the Same Time, and what the science says. Check it out
Generation Iron Fitness discussed The Truth Behind Nutrient Timing Before & After Workouts, what nutrient timing is, and its’ relative importance. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization busted the myth of
- Should Bodybuilders Be Avoiding Egg Yolks, and only eat the egg white. Check it out
- Hormones Matter A Ton For Weight Loss, why this statement is too simplistic, the different hormones, and which ones matter most for fat loss. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy asked What Is an Olympic Medalist Like? Discussing the characteristics of the medalist in Olympic Weightlifting from the Tokyo 2020ne Olympics. Listen in
- also check out the amazing stories of Olympians.
Catalyst Athletics explained How To Get Proper Bar Contact in the Snatch, the correct technical execution, common mistakes, and how to fix them. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big asked Do Squats Work Hamstrings? The anatomy of the hamstring and how the different squat variations work the hamstring, or don’t work the hamstring.
Breaking Muscle listed The 20 Best Leg Exercises For Size And Strength, the best exercises, and how to do them.
T-Nation asked Deadlift: Drop It Quickly or Lower Slowly? How to best use the eccentric phase of the Deadlift.
Stronger By Science asked Is The Sumo Deadlift Cheating? The ever–present (nonsense) question answered. Check it out