Article recommendations week #25 2022
The most interesting and valuable articles of week #25 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Breaking Muscle discussed EMOM Training Explained: Watch The Clock For More Gains, what EMOM (every minute on the minute) is, what it can do for you, and EMOM variations.
Generation Iron Fitness asked Are Pain Killers Like Aspirin Killing Your Gains? Looking at recent studies that show how pain killers block muscle protein synthesis and reduce muscle hypertrophy. Check it out
- the 3 Best Upper-Body Exercises You Aren’t Even Doing, the best exercises, and how to do them.
- How to Do the Hardest Core Exercise, the benefits of the standing rollout, and how to do it.
Fitness FAQs presented The Only 3 Chest Exercises You Need To Build Muscle. Check it out
Elite FTS listed 3 Training Rules to Throw in the Trash, challenging some conventional gym wisdom.
Stronger By Science discussed Attentional focus may influence strength development, how the attentional focus can potentially help. Check it out
Men’s Health released NFL Strength Coach Buddy Morris Shared the Workout Secrets Elite Athletes Have in Common, an interesting chat with an experienced strength coach.
- also, check out the interview ‘What leads to fulfillment is helping other people succeed.’ NFL Strength & Conditioning Coach Will Greenberg.
Biolayne explained Why Training to Failure Might be Limiting Your Gains, looking at the research on training to failure and not training to failure on muscular hypertrophy, and why training to failure violates against some important principles of training. Check it out
Sign-up for the free Training Course Training Principles Made Simple and access 11 video lectures, presentation slides, transcripts and audios
- Tri-Set Training for Time-Efficient Muscle Growth, what tri-set training is, how to do it, and an example workout.
- a series on biohacking
- Episode #1: Earthing. Check it out
- Episode #2: Sauna. Check it out
- Episode #3: Cold Therapy
- Episode #4: Meditation
Garage Strength listed the 3 Best Exercises For Athletic Strength and Jukes, the best exercises, and what they do for you. Check it out
Jeremy Ethier described The Perfect 5 Minute Posture Routine To Increase Your Height. Check it out
Power Athlete outlined how to overcome different barriers that keep you from training in the video Minimal Equipment, Maximal Results. Check it out
Science For Sports discussed the Anaerobic Speed Reserve: Why It Should Be Part Of Your Conditioning Repertoire, what the anaerobic speed reserve is, how to calculate it, and how to use it in your training.
Juggernaut Training Systems released Dealing with Knee Pain, discussing strategies to help rehab knee pain. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization shared
- How Long To Rest For Best Strength Gains, the ideal rest period explained. Check it out
- Can Ultra Technique Focus Go Too Far, discussing how good is good enough when it comes to technique. Check it out
Bach Performance listed 7 Common Fat Loss Mistakes Women Make, outlining the different mistakes and what to do against them.
Renaissance Periodization busted the myth of Fatty Foods Make You Fat. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big asked
- Should You Cycle Pre-Workout? The practical approach to using pre-workouts.
- Pre-Workout vs. BCAAs: Which Should You Take? The difference between the two, what they do, and which one to take when.
Biolayne looked at the claim that Seed Oils Make Your Fat Cells Sick, and what the science says. Check it out
Power Training Articles
YLM Sport Science discussed Jump Training: A Simple And Effective Way To Diversify The Training Of Endurance Runners. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalyst Athletics explained How To Fix Your Forward Dip in the Jerk, why the forward dip happens, and what to do against it. Check it out
Squat University outlined How To Clean With Proper Technique, common mistakes, and how to fix them. Check it out
Garage Strength asked Should You Squat Every Day? Discussing the question if squatting every day is suitable for athletes. Check it out
Squat University explained
- How To Fix The ‘Good Morning’ Squat, a common problem and how to fix it. Check it out
- How To Squat To Full Depth Every Time, how to achieve a full depth consistently. Check it out
Power Athlete shared Back Squat 101, the technical key points of the Back Squat. Check it out
Lift Big Eat Big shared Clean Deadlift: Technique & Benefits, how to do it, common mistakes, the benefits, muscular activation and variations.