The most interesting and valuable articles of week #24 2022.
Strength Training Articles
Aleksey Torokhtiy listed 5 Tips To Get Shredded For Summer, training and nutritional considerations to get in great shape. Listen in
Men’s Health shared
- The 3-Step Cable Curl Drop Set Builds Your Biceps From All Angles, how to do this drop set, and what it can do for you.
- the reasons why you should Stop Doing Upright Rows. Try These Shoulder Exercises Instead. Potential risks of the Upright Row, and possible alternatives.
- the best exercises for strong forearms in the article 5 Exercises to Build Your Grip Strength and Forearm Muscle.
- The Seated Weighted Chinup Can Help You Build Serious Strength, what the Seated Weighted Chinup is and how it can help you.
T-Nation listed The 5 Best Exercises in History, unconventional exercises, and what they do for you.
Renaissance Periodization asked Should You Train For Your Muscle Fiber Type, the question of training for your individual muscle fiber type has been around for some years, however, there are certain difficulties to this approach. Check it out
Squat University looked at 3 common mistakes and Fix Your Bench Press. Check it out
Breaking Muscle outlined
- Supersets Explained: A Technique For Better Results And Less Fatigue, what supersets are, the different types of supersets, and why they are effective.
- The Best Triceps Workouts For Muscle, Strength, And More, how to train your biceps for strength and mass with different training modes (aka types of equipment).
Stronger By Science discussed
- various topics, such as Cognitive Effects Of Creatine, Nasal Breathing, And Current Trends In Science. Listen in
- The effects of lifting on mortality risk. Check it out
Garage Strength asked Should You Wear A Weight Belt? When to use a belt, and when not. Check it out
YLM Sports Science looked at different mechanisms of Transfer Between Lifts: Increased Strength In Untrained Exercises. Check it out
The BarBend shared
- Is Your Training Feeling Stale? It’s Time To Back Off And Re-Evaluate Your Approach, how to take a step back in order to take two steps forward.
- Learn The Best TRX Exercises For Your Experience Level, the benefits of the TRX and the best exercises.
Science For Sports released Hamstring Injuries: Causes, Preventions, And All You Need To Know, the different types of hamstring injuries, the main risk factors, and how to prevent them.
Elite FTS described
- the top tips to use the GHR. Check it out
- a 4-Week Repeatable Workhorse Program, discussing the nuts and bolts of training program design, and an example training program.
Broscience shared Dorian Yates’s Back Workout For Massive Size, how the 6-time Mr. Olympia build his impressive back.
Calisthenicmovement outlined How to Grow And Feel Your Back With Pull Ups! A typical problem people experience and 4 fixes. Check it out
Bonvec Strength explained why technique training is an ongoing process in the article Tinkering with Technique: A Lifelong Process.
Fitness FAQs shared an interview with The Strongest Man in Calisthenics. Check it out
T-Nation compared The Pros and Cons of Diet Diversity, can you eat the same every day, or should you vary.
Stronger By Science discussed Is a high-protein meal before bed worth potential sleep disruption? The best practices on pre-bedtime meals. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization outlined Superfoods Exist, what the claim for super food is, and what the science says. Check it out
Fitness & Power asked Can Fish Oil Help You Build Muscle? The role of fish oil in the process of gainz.
The Athletic Build shared The History of Fat Burners and Weight Loss Supplements, how the fat burner supplement industry started.
Jeff Nippard asked Is Obesity A Choice? What the science has to say on this topic. Check it out
Biolayne looked at the claim that Doctors Want You To be Fat so They Feed You Oatmeal. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Lift Big Eat Big explained how to use the Hang Clean High Pull To Maximize Power Development.
Speed Training Articles
Garage Strength listed The Top 4 Plyometric Drills For Max Speed, the best drills and how they can help you. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Lift Big Eat Big asked Power Jerk vs. Push Press: What’s The Difference? Describing the difference between the two exercises, the individual benefits, and which one to do when.
Bodybuilding.com explained Training Legs With Knee Pain, the causes for knee pain and what you can do. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems outlined How to Design a Squat Program. discussing how to design a squat training program, individualization, volume, frequency, exercise selection, and progression strateg*ies. Check it out
Squat University outlined
- The Key To A Perfect Squat, in less than a minute. Check it out
- why the ever-present discussion of Knees Over Toes is a Huge Squat Myth. Check it out
Garage Strength outlined How To Sumo Deadlift, going through the technical execution of the Sumo Deadlift. Check it out
Squat University discussed potential reasons why Feel Your Low Back When Deadlifting. Check it out
Elite FTS presented Dave Tate’s Simple Secret To Deadlift More. Check it out