The most interesting and valuable articles of week #24 2021.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation listed The 5 Best Barbell Exercises of All Time, the best exercises, and why you need to do them.
Power Athlete HQ shared
- a Strength and Muscle Growth Programming Master Class, discussing rep maxes, training to failure, and creating mechanical tension. Check it out
- Rep Ranges and Execution Tips for Muscle Growth, the main stimuli for muscular growth. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com outlined How to Burn Fat While Building Muscle, discussing the fine line between building muscle while losing fat, and losing muscle and fat.
Stack explained Why Coaching Is More Important Than You Think, a bit of a no-brainer for a coach, and sums it up well.
Athlean X released a guide on how to effectively use the Dumbbell Bench Press.
Calisthenicmovement outlined How to Build & Protect Your Wrists, Forearms & Elbows, how to effectively train your forearms, best exercises, rep ranges and ideal training frequency. Check it out
The Bar Bend discussed the pros, cons, and limitations of VBT (velocity-based training) in the article Bar Velocity Tracking: Gimmick Or Innovation.
FitnessFAQs released The Secret Front Lever Exercise, steps to master the front lever. Check it out
Box Rox explained
Juggernaut Training Systems explained the concept of Phase Potentiation in less than a minute. Check it out
The Manual described How To Do a Pull-Up (and Master Them Once and For All), what the Pull-Up is, benefits of the Pull-Up, preparatory exercises and how to actually master it.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Using Your Pump to Adjust Your Volume, what the pump is, what contributes to the pump, what the pump does and how to potentially use it to adjust your training. Check it out
- 16 Top Individual Training Differences, important variables for program design and how to use and adjust each training variable. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack outlined The Secrets To Coaching Gen Z Athletes, characteristics of the Gen Z, and how to coach them.
- Eat This Way to Build Muscle and Lose Fat, how to optimize nutrition to gain muscle and lose body fat.
- Good Food vs Bad Food, discussing the history of nutrition, influences on food choices and considerations for better food choices. Check it out
News Max explained that Plant-Based Proteins Can Build Muscle, what plant-based protein is, and the benefits of plant-based proteins.
Renaissance Periodization discussed Long Term Fat Loss, the ideal rate of fat loss, different fat loss phases, and how to exit the fat loss phases. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Fitness Volt described the Best Box Jump Alternatives For Building Explosive Strength, the benefits of Box Jumps, and possible alternatives.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Box Rox described how to Perfect Your Squat Clean with this Exercise Guide, what a Squat Clean is, the benefits, muscular activation, and example training programs.
Squat University discussed the evergreen question of Knees Over Toes in the Squat. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy demonstrated
- a training session of his Leg Strength program. Check it out
- the Spanish Squat + Press. Check it out