The most interesting and valuable articles of week #23 2022.
Strength Training Articles
The Strength Sensei explained Building A Better Athlete With Functional Hypertrophy, what functional hypertrophy is, and why athletes should double down on functional hypertrophy.
Renaissance Periodization outlined
- How To Make Sure You Rest Enough Between Sets, different ways to determine how long you should rest between the sets. Check it out
- Don’t Train With Bands For Muscle Growth, what bands do, and why they aren’t the best tool for muscle growth. Check it out
- check out how to best use bands in the article Accommodating Resistance Training – Bands and Chains.
Breaking Muscle outlined
- How To Do The Dumbbell Bench Press For A Bigger, Stronger Chest, the technical execution, benefits, muscular activation, common mistakes, and variations.
- The 18 Best Back Exercises For Width, Thickness, And Strength, the best exercises, how to do them, and their’ benefits.
Broscience shared Ronnie Coleman Shoulder Workout Routine preparing for Mr. Olympia, an example workout of Ronnie Coleman on building big shoulders.
- without any disrespect to the great Ronnie Coleman, but check out the video why workouts are useless.
Bonvec Strength discussed Methods vs. Principles, the difference between methods and principles, and why you need to rely on principles rather than methods.
Bodybuilding.com released Increasing Core Strength & Stability, what the core is and how to train it. Check it out
Elite FTS presented
- a 3-Day Conjugate Split for the Raw Lifter, the split explained and example training programs.
- 7 tactics How You’ll Actually Get Stronger! Check it out
Garage Strength listed the Top 5 Muscle Recovery Tips Every Athlete Should Do! Check out
Jeremy Ethier shared The #1 Exercise To Lose Belly Fat, what the number 1 reason is and how to apply it. Check it out
T-Nation listed 10 Best Exercises for Real Functional Fitness, the best exercises, and how to do them.
Squat University discussed 5 Tips To Fix Shoulder Pain With Pressing Overhead, what can cause pain when pressing overhead and how to fix it. Check it out
Men’s Health listed The 6 Best Creatine Supplements for Explosive Strength, the requirements of explosive athletes, and the best supplements.
Picture Fit released You’re Taking Too Much Caffeine For Exercise! Finding the right dosage of caffeine is a balancing act. Check it out
Power Athlete discussed how much protein you need on a daily basis, and how much you can absorb per meal in Leaning Peak for Beach Week. Listen in
Generation Iron Fitness asked Should You Eat Chicken Or Fish For Best Fat Loss While Retaining Muscle? Discussing different food sources for weight loss. Check it out
Stronger By Science outlined How To Construct A Diet That Leads To Increased Satiety. Check it out
Biolayne asked Is Food Order The Key to Longevity? What food order is, and if it really matters. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Men’s Health explained How To Jump Higher With These Max Vert Drills from an Elite Coach, how to use PAP (post-activation potentiation) to increase your vertical.
Garage Strength outlined How To Increase Your Power Level, why you need to train for power, how to warm up, and 8 power training. Check out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Lift Big Eat Big asked ZKC vs. Eleiko Barbells: Which Is Better? Comparing two popular weightlifting bars.
Catalyst Athletics outlined How To Fix Back Hyperextension in the Split Jerk, the causes for hyperextension and how to fix them. Check it out
Garage Strength discussed Is Olympic Lifting Dangerous in less than a minute. Check it out
Men’s Health explained You Don’t Need a Machine to Do Hack Squats, how to do Hack Squats with a barbell.
Eric Cressey presented the Exercise of the Week: Barbell Drop Split Squat, what the BB Drop Split Squat is, and why you should do it. Check out the additional explainer video
Starting Strength discussed Preparing for a Set of 20 Squats. Check it out
Squat University outlined How To Squat Deeper, how to check for sufficient ankle mobility and how to train ankle mobility. Check it out
T-Nation described Deadlift Form: The Dirty Secret No One Tells You, common Deadlift flaws, and how to fix them.
Squat University outlined Why Deadlifts Aren’t A Back Exercise. How To Squat Deeper, how to check for sufficient ankle mobility and how to train ankle mobility. Check it out