The most interesting and valuable articles of week #22 2022.
Strength Training Articles
The Strength Sensei discussed an approach to a well-rounded shoulder development in the article Round Out Your Shoulders with Tri-Sets.
Elite FTS released
- What I Learned From Louie Simmons, not many people have influenced the Powerlifting community as Louie Simmons did.
- What Westside Barbell Is Like for Fighters, adjusting the Westside Method for martial arts. Check it out
Men’s Health discussed how to use a Dropset in the Split Squat in the article This 3-Step Split Squat Dropset Builds Up Your Legs.
Picture Fit asked What Exactly Is Progressive Overload? Discussing what the training principle of progressive overload is and the different options to apply it. Check it out
Stronger By Science looked at
- various topics, such as Buffering Strategies, Calorie Counting, And Estimating TDEE. Listen in
- different muscle fiber types and asked Should Your Muscle Fiber Type Influence Your Approach To Training? Check it out
Science For Sports asked How Can Coaches Best Understand And Approach The Entire Menstrual Cycle? Understanding the phases of the menstrual cycle and how to transition between phases to maximize sports performance.
FitnessFAQs listed The 3 Worst Abs Exercises Of All Time, what to avoid, and better alternatives. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization philosiphied (if that is actually a word) Doing What You Must, Not What You Feel Like, I guess as a coach of Olympic athletes, that’s probably what we do day in and day out. Check it out
Starting Strength discussed Adapt or Die, why adaptation is the main law of training, as Kraemer and Zatsiorsky outlined. Chech it out
Breaking Muscle outlined the workout routine of 4-Time Mr. Olympia Winner Jay Cutler Shares ‘A Day In Paradise’ Back Routine.
Garage Strength compared Flexibility vs Mobility, and what the difference is. Check it out
- to be honest, the definition provided isn’t entirely correct, check out the The Ultimate Guide to Overhead Squat Flexibility, where I outline the differences between flexibility vs mobility.
Bret Contreras demonstrated 3 Unique Single-leg Hip Thrust Variations! Check them out
Calisthenicmovement asked Weak Grip? Weak Forearms? Just Do This! A common problem, once your strength levels increase. Check it out
T-Nation discussed the Carnivore Diet: Benefits and Possible Drawbacks, the insights from the scientific world.
Bodybuilding.com outlined How To Eliminate Fad Diets, discussing the different questions you should ask yourself before getting into a diet. Check it out
YLM Sport Science presented Nutrition For Female Athletes. Check it out
Biolayne looked at the claim of Sugar Shortens Your Lifespan, and whether it does hold true. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization outlined
- Why High Fat Diets Make You A Fat Burning Machine is a nonsense claim. Check it out
- Diet Soda Is Key To Fat Loss, as a hack for weight loss, if applied correctly. Check it out
Power Training Articles
Men’s Health explained The Use Of Ballistic Training for More Explosive, Athletic Workouts, and how to use ballistic and plyometric training to improve explosiveness.
Speed Training Articles
Garage Strength outlined How To Increase Your Athletic Speed, what sport-specific speed is, how to train for it, what to do if you aren’t fast, and how to develop speed. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
Catalyst Athletics asked Shrug in the Snatch & Clean? Should you deliberately shrug or does the shrug happen as a result of something else? Check it out
Squat University outlined The Squat Cheat Code, and how to breathe properly during the Squat. Check it out
I have shared Power Training Program Design, discussing how to become more powerful, how to program for power development, how to apply the main training variables for a power training program, and how to choose the best power exercises. Check it out
- this video is just one of the videos of the free mini-course Strength Training Made Simple. Sign-up and get all the videos, presentation slides, training programs, and transcripts.