The most interesting and valuable articles of week #21 2022.
Strength Training Articles
The Strength Sensei described How To Use Contrast Training for Stronger Arms, how to use the so-called post-tetanic potentiation to get bigger guns.
Jeremy Ethier released The #1 Reason You’re Not Building Muscle, the 3 drivers for muscular hypertrophy, old school bodybuilding advice that is actually not true, and how to modify your training for maximum results
The Bar Bend outlined
- How To Use Weightlifting Straps To Gain Strength And Make Gains, what weightlifting straps are, the different types of weightlifting straps, their’ benefits, how to use them, and which exercises you should use them with.
- how to train your lower chest in the article Muscle “Myth”, Busted — Here Are The Best Lower Chest Workouts For Bodybuilding.
Stronger By Science asked How Important Is Exercise Variety? The differences between training with a lot of variety vs low variety. Check it out
- how to use layered sets in the article The Hypertrophy Bomb: One Set for Muscle Growth.
- Why Progressive Overload is Overrated, discussing different options on how to overload without increasing the weight.
- to be honest the Training Principle of Progressive Overload doesn’t mean overload is exclusively created through additional load. Check out the free training principle mini-course to learn how to apply every training principle to your training.
Power Athlete shared The Platinum Rule Of Training, and how to empower athletes. Listen in
Zack Telander discussed various topics, such as a Crossfit, the use of resistance bands, fitness and mental illness and much more. Check it out
Breaking Muscle described How To Do The Single-Arm Dumbbell Row For Bigger Lats, the technical execution, typical mistakes, benefits, muscular activation, and the best variations and alternatives.
- The Greatest Secret About Push-Ups, in less than a minute. Check it out
- Why Your Muscle-Up is Weak, in less than a minute. Check it out
Gymaware discussed The Importance of Velocity Based Training for Women, what VBT (Velocity Based Training) is, its’ benefits, how to include it into the training process and case studies.
Renaissance Periodization outlined a Lat Specialization program in the video Make The Perfect Back Width Growth Program. Check it out
YLM Sport Science discussed Youth Athlete Development And Nutrition. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy published Poor Appetite And Muscles, provide 7 straight forward advice. Listen in
Broscience asked Is CRN-5 The Best Creatine On The Market? What it is, who it’s for and not for, and how it works.
Biolayne claimed Intermittent Fasting Does Nothing! Looking at a study looking at intermittent fasting and the effects on weight loss. Check it out
The Athletic Built described The Best Ingredients for Greens Powders Supplements, what the best ingredients are, why you should choose them, and what they do for you.
Bodybuilding.com shared Fueling For Life After College, how to change your fueling strategies when transitioning out of competitive sports. Check it out
Science For Sports discussed Caffeine And Sports Performance: Should Athletes Drink That Extra Cup Of Coffee? How caffeine works, does it enhance performance and the best caffeine dosages.
Olympic Lifting Articles
Weightlifting House released
- Lasha: The Strongest Weightlifter Ever, a documentary about one of the most impressive Olympic Weightlifters, Lasha Talakhadze. Check it out
- The History of the Heaviest Snatch Ever, in less than a minute. Check it out
Squat University outlined How to Front Squat Without Wrist Pain! How to get a better front rack position. Check it out
Garage Strength showed a clip on How Not To Rack A Squat! Just check it out
Elite FTS shared He Improved His Squat in 10 Minutes, the video misses a bit of context, however, the second Squat does look much better than the first. Check it out
Squat University Do This For Proper RDL Technique, how to engage your lats for a better RDL. Check it out
An Important Message
I have always been fascinated with people who stood up for what they believe in. This week Golden State Warriors Coach Steve Kerr delivered a powerful message. Must check it out
I have shared Hypertrophy Training Program Design, discussing how to build muscle mass with a hypertrophy training program, how to program for muscular hypertrophy, how to apply the main training variables for a hypertrophy training program, and how to choose exercises for a hypertrophy training program. Check it out
- this video is just one of the videos of the free mini-course Strength Training Made Simple. Sign-up and get all the videos, presentation slides, training programs, and transcripts.