The most interesting and valuable articles of week #20 2022.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation asked Partial Rep Arm Workout: Better Than Full Range? Looking at a study comparing full reps vs partial reps.
Fitness & Power explained How to Use Controlled Overtraining for Muscle Growth, what overtraining is, what adaptability is, and how to use it for your gainz.
Generation Iron asked What Determines How Much Fat You Burn During A Workout? What influences the fat metabolism and best practices to accelerate it. Check it out
- 5 Rules We Need To Have In Every Gym, simple and straightforward rules.
- how to detect if you have low testosterone levels in the article How Do You Know If You Have Low Testosterone?
Men’s Health described How You Bench Press Should Depend on Your Goals. Here’s How to Choose Your Approach, how to adjust the Bench Press based on your goal to increase strength or to build muscle mass.
Sika Strength reviewed some training footage of Matthew Richardson – The Most Powerful Cyclist? Check it out
Elite FTS shared
- Solving the Conditioning Paradox, how bigger athletes tend to lack condition and what to do against it.
- You Don’t Understand Conjugate! What the basics of conjugate sequencing are. Check it out
The Strength Sensei listed Six Simple Tips to Stay Lean, simple and straightforward.
- How to Optimize Training Around Your Menstrual Cycle, and how to get the most out of your training during the different phases of the menstrual cycle.
- how stress impacts your performance and what you can do against it in the article Stress and Strength: Four Ways It Impacts Your Performance.
- How To Build Your Performance, the cornerstones of athletic performance.
Stronger By Science asked Do you really need to balance your “pushing” and “pulling” volume? Pushing and pulling ratios have been discussed and popularized for some years. Check out if there’s anything behind it
YLM Sports Science discussed Concurrent Training And The Acute Interference Effect On Strength: How Can It Be Reduced. Check it out
- for more information on interference (positive interference vs negative interference), check out the Training Principle Of Interdependency.
Garage Strength listed the Top 7 Calisthenics Exercises For Strength, the best exercises, and what they do for you. Check it out
The Bar Bend explained
- how to get a bigger back in the article Seal The Deal On A Bigger, Stronger Back With The Seal Row.
- How To Clean And Care For A Barbell, how to take care of your favorite piece of equipment.
8 Weeks Out outlined How to Improve Your Conditioning, listing the main 3 components to improve conditioning.
- How To Fix Pain From Push-Ups, where shoulder pain most often comes from, and how to fix it. Check it out
- Why You Should Train Like A Gymnast, the benefits of gymnastic training. Check it out
Bonvec Strength listed 5 Reasons Why Your Bench Press Might be Stalling, and what to do against it.
Renaissance Periodization shared
- Harder Cardio Equals A Leaner Body, discussing whether harder training beats lower intensity training. Check it out
- with the biggest respect, but it’s simply about understanding the training variables of training volume and training intensity and how to modulate them.
- Perfecting Muscle Disruption, what muscle disruption is and how to use it for your training. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com discussed Fueling During Your Menstrual Cycle, the different types of food to consume during the different phases of the menstrual cycle. Check it out
- Breaking Research on Intermittent Fasting with Shocking Results, looking at recent research behind intermittent fasting, when to consider intermittent fasting, and when not. Check it out
- Is Milk Good For You, the ever-presented question of is milk good or bad. Check it out
Stronger By Science asked Should you worry about “fast proteins” post-workout and “slow proteins” pre-bed? Do the different absorption rates of protein really do matter? Check out it
Olympic Lifting Articles
Lift Big Eat Big compared Muscle Snatch vs. Power Snatch: What’s The Difference? The difference between the two, which one to use when, and variations of both lifts.
Catalyst Athletics asked Full Grip in the Clean Turnover? Is a full grip necessary, how much open grip is acceptable, and how to work toward a full grip. Check it out
Eugene Teo demonstrated the original Hack Squat, and what it’s supposed to do. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization shared some training impressions Training To Break Tom Platz’s 525lb Squat AMRAP Record. Check it out
- check out the Squat record they are referring to
Squat University discussed Bulgarian Split Squat Modification, the benefits of additionally elevating the front foot. Check it out
Squat University shared
- Why Deadlift With Bands? (Variable Resistance Explained). Check it out
- The Ultimate RDL (Romanian Deadlift) Tutorial . Check it out
I have shared Maximum Strength Training Program Design, discussing how to successfully design a maximum strength training program, how to apply the main training variables to increase maximum strength and most importantly, what makes the difference between a maximum strength training program and a maximum strength training workout. Check it out
- this video is just one of the videos of the free mini-course Strength Training Made Simple. Sign-up and get all the videos, presentation slides, training programs, and transcripts.