The most interesting and valuable articles of week #2 2020.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation shared a Tip: My Favorite Muscle-Building Method, how to use the rest-pause method for gainz.
Renaissance Periodization discussed Massing, a detailled outline the pros and cons of massing, the most common challenges, who should consider it and who shouldn’t and the benefits of a dedicated massing cycle. Check it out
- 5 Abilities That Will Make You Better at Any Sport, outlining universal abilities, that can help in many different sports, such as absorbing force, hinging, single-legged strength, overhead strength and creating and releasing tension.
- The Overlooked In-Season Training Strategy for Big Gains, combining training and competition is always a challenge, this article outlines a way to tackle the challenge.
Fitness Volt demonstrated the benefits of dead stop movements for your main lifts in the article 6 Must-Have Dead Stop Exercises To Improve CrossFit Performance, not only for Crossfit though.
The Times of India busted Most common myths about cardio exercise that you must not believe, a bit of a simplistic outline, hiwever, this are certainly myths, that are around.
Picture Fit discussed How To Get Rid of Muscle Soreness, what the research says on the common ideas how to reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Check it out
Tony Gentilcore 5 Reasons You Aren’t Getting The Results You Want In The Gym, a comprehensive outline of the most common mistakes around the training, much rather than the results in training.
Elite FTS explained How Tricep Extensions Can Improve Your Bench Press, how to use an ‘a-specific’ triceps exercise to work on shoulder and triceps function. Check it out
- the benefits of Calisthenics and the benfits of supersets and how to combine the two in the article The Top 5 Calisthenics Supersets for Strength and Muscle.
- what Crossfit is, the benefits, and why it’s so popular. Check it out
The Strength House discussed common Bench Press Tips
- Bend the Bar vs. Spread the Bar, what they mean, how to use them, and the potential difficulties with these cues. Check it out
- the Shoulder Shove Test for a strong set-up. Check it out
Breaking Muscle listed 5 Mistakes You Might Be Making With Your Weightlifting Belt, you would expect wearing a weightlifting belt shouldn’t be too difficult, however, this article outlines some of the basic mistakes people do.
Livestrong outlined the use of a simple principle to design your training plan in the article How to Use the FITT Principle to Customize Your Workouts.
The Strategist explained How I Built a Basic (But Respectable) Home Gym for Under $700, busting the myths, that a home gym is expensive.
CrossFit demonstrated how to do The Strict Bar Muscle-Up, check out this illustrative explanation.
Men’s Health discussed
- the sense and non-sense of mobility training in the article Devil’s Advocate: Mobility Training Is a Waste of Effort.
- 8 Exercises to Loosen Up Your Wrists, wrist mobility is important for many movements, having a set of exercises to improve or maintain wrist mobility, can certainly help.
T-Nation listed 4 Big Protein Mysteries Finally Solved, the evergreen questions of ‘how much per kg body weight’, ‘how much per meal’, ‘ how much can be digested’ and ‘the best protein’.
YLM Sports Science shared a good overview over Caffeine: Performance Impact, Doses, Forms, Individualisation & Potential Side Effects. Check it out
Speed Training Articles
YLM Sports Science outlined how resisted Sled Training can improve speed over short distances. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
- how to Fix Knee Valgus in the Jerk Dip, the different causes and how to fix them. Check it out
- should you Head Through in the Snatch? The importance of the head position, how to maintain balance, and different exercises to correct the flawed position. Check it out
Men’s Health explained how to Build a Strong Lower Body With Safety Bar Squats, the benefits of a the Safety Bar Squat, and how to use these benefits.
Live Strong asked Can’t Do Squats? Here’s What Your Body Is Trying to Tell You, a simple and straightforward analysis of 3 common issues and how to solve them.
Thibarmy outlined how to use chains for the squat and how not to use the chains. Whilst I can follow the thought process and that most commonly the chains are used as demonstrated, I can also see, why you should use chains in the supposedly ‘wron’ way. Check it out
Finding the right bar position for either High-bar Back Squats or Low-bar Back Squats can be difficult for some people, the Bar Bend’s article When Squatting, What Does It Mean When Lifters Say “Create a Shelf”? outlines how to find the right position.
Bodybuilding.com resolved Your Biggest Squat Complaints (and Excuses) Solved, what the most common problems are and how to fix them.
Squat Universityexplained how to avoid the chest collapse in the Front Squat, the different reasons why the chest could collapse and the appropriate interventions. Check it out
The Strength House explained how to use Romanian Deadlifts (RDL’s) to improve the regular Deadlift, and the common technical flaws to avoid. Check it out