The most interesting and valuable articles of week #18 2022.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation discussed Tempo Training for Strength & Hypertrophy, outlining 3 different options.
The Bar Bend shared the best arm exercises for arm gainz in the article Bodybuilder Chris Bumstead Reveals Favorite Arm Exercises For Mass Gains.
Breaking Muscle listed The 12 Best Chest Exercises For Bigger, Stronger Pecs, the best exercises, how to do them, and why you should do them.
Bret Contreras released The Exercise Efficiency Guide, looking at different criteria to determine whether an exercise is efficient, or not.
Science For Sports explained Why Coaches And Athletes Must Stop Ignoring The Calf Muscles, what the science says about calf development.
Lift Big Eat Big compared Strongman vs. Powerlifting: What’s The Difference? Looking at each discipline, the key differences, and which one is better.
Science For Sport asked Can We Predict Talent? What Coaches Are Looking For In Youth Athletes, looking at a recent study on this topic.
The Athletic Built listed the Top 13 Sports With The Most Athleticism, an interesting read.
Renaissance Periodization outlined How To Figure Out If An Exercise Trains A Muscle Adequately, 3 categories to determine exercise efficiency. Check it out
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Bar Bend discussed
- 8 Of The Best Weightlifting Exercises To Improve Your Overhead Performance, the best exercises, and why you should do them.
- How to Give Weightlifting Mass Appeal, Discussing how Weightlifting could be more interesting for spectators. Listen in
Lift Big Eat Big shared
- Snatch High Pull: Complete Technique Guide, the technical execution, benefits, muscular activation, common mistakes, and variations.
- Power Clean: The Ultimate Guide, an in-depth guide how to do the Power Clean, typical mistakes, and Power Clean variations.
- also check out the The Ultimate Guide to Power Cleans from myself.
- Power Clean vs. Hang Clean: What’s The Difference? The main difference between the two, and which one to use for different training goals.
- also check out one of my videos, where I discuss What’s the difference between Power Cleans and Hang Cleans?