The most interesting and valuable articles of week #18 2021.
Strength Training Articles
T-Nation shared Bigger Arms, Smaller Waist: 5 Metabolic Finishers, the benefits of finishers, different finishers, and example finishers.
The Greatist listed 11 Tips to Gain Muscle Like a Pro, simple and straightforward.
Calisthenicmovement listed 22 Back Exercises Ranked From Worst to Best. Check it out
Men’s Health explained how Pyramid Sets Can Make You Stronger from Bottom to Top, what pyramid sets are, and how to use them.
Coach Mag outlined What Are Drop Sets And Which Exercises Should You Not Do Them With, what drop sets are, the benefits of drop sets and how to use them, and not use them.
Breaking Muscle discussed How To Redline For Results, what redline is, how to withstand your redline state in a workout, why all athletes need conditioning work, heart rate zones you need to train, and how to program conditioning work to complement your training goals. Check it out
Bodybuilding.com described Build Serious Strength and Size with a 5×5 Workout Program, the 5 * 5 program, and how to apply it.
FitnessFAQs demonstrated 4 progressions to learn How To Human Flag. Check it out
Barbell Shrugged shared
- Four Critical Components of Fat Loss Transformation for Men, not only for men. Check it out
- How to Bench Press With Proper Form, a chat around Bench Pressing. Check it out
Fitness Volt explained
Stronger By Science discussed
- Benefits Of Using Weightlifting Shoes, and the effect of wearing weightlifting shoes on squatting vs leg pressing. Check it out
- Caffeinated Naps, Intuitive Eating, Metabolic Adaptations, muscle groups that are resistant to hypertrophy, and pro-hormones. Check it out
Elite FTS explained
- the benefits of Journaling for Training Success, the benefits of journaling are well established in other areas, this article outlines the benefits for your strength training success.
- how to Fix Your Pushups for a Bigger Bench Press, the technical key points of the push up. Check it out
The Box Rox listed
Renaissance Periodization shared
- When to Take Breaks when Building Your First Program, explaining the concept of fatigue, when there’s too much fatigue, monitoring fatigue and reloading accordingly. Check it out
- Loading Variations, discussing different loading ranges, load diversity, and loading over a week. Check it out
Youth Strength Training Articles
Stack explained The Different “Windows Of Opportunity” In Youth Sports, what the window of opportunity is, and how to apply it to youth sports.
Bodybuilding.com shared Protein Calculator: How Much Protein Do I Need? A calculator, that calculates your protein requirements.
Power Athlete discussed Pre-Morning Workout Nutrition Do’s, Don’ts, and Do-nuts, discussing macros, training in a fasted state and sleep vs training. Check it out
Renaissance Periodization explained how to Hit The Right Macros, the right amounts for each macronutrient, and important considerations to keep in mind. Check it out
Plyometric Training Articles
Speed Endurance listed My 8 step Plyometric workout from Beginners to Advanced, the best plyometric exercises, and example workouts.
Power Training Articles
Thibarmy shared Training For Power, what power training is, the best exercises, and important considerations for power training.
Olympic Lifting Articles
The Box Rox released Snatch Balance Core and Abs Workouts to Enhance Your Skill and Strength, how to use the Snatch balance and Overhead Squat to strengthen your trunk.
Starting Strength listed 3 Types Of Jerks, Split Jerk, Power Jerk, and Squat Jerk demonstrated. Check it out
Aleksey Torokhtiy compared two of his favorite programs Leg Strength vs Leg Killer.
Box Rox listed 5 Important Squat Variations To Build Mass, Strength, and Muscle for CrossFit Athletes, the best Squat variations and how to execute each variation.
Fitness Volt listed 9 Best Squat Racks Reviewed For 2021, the best Squat Racks including pros and cons.
Elite FTS demonstrated how to Fix Your Squat Technique Instantly, by elevating your heels. Whether that really solves the problem or just works around the problem still needs to be answered. Check it out
The Bar Bend shared The Heaviest Deadlifts Ever Pulled! The World Records in different categories. Check it out
Juggernaut Training Systems listed 4 Tips to Improve Your Deadlift, how to get in the start position, build tension in the back, get the bar off the ground, and effectively locking out. Check it out